K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
17 years 1 month ago #42759 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Welcome along Mikel! Say, what's this 'space company' that you work for, out of curiosity? And what does your work entail, what with a Masters in Astronomy. :)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #42762 by mikkelbo
Hi Seanie,

Welcome along Mikel! Say, what's this 'space company' that you work for, out of curiosity? And what does your work entail, what with a Masters in Astronomy. :)

The company is called Rovsing Ireland Ltd. and is owned by a Danish company, Rovsing A/S .

Currently I work on an archive for the Galileo navigation system . The archive is going to gather all the communication between the ground stations, and we also collect data from the satellites themselves. (After they get up there, of course).

Before moving to Ireland I worked for Rovsing A/S out of Bremen, Germany. There I worked on the ESA Columbus module for the ISS. I was first part of the so-called "On-Board SIVQ" team. (I'll leave it up to you to figure out what that means :wink:). After that I was part of the ground engineering team. Here I helped finishing and installing the High Rate Data Processor for the Columbus module. It has been installed in Cologne, Noordwijk, Toulouse, and Naples with reference systems in Bremen and Copenhagen.

I do not use my astronomy background at the job. It is more software engineering I do.

Cheers
Mikkel

Mikkel Bo Rasmussen
SAC

More
17 years 1 month ago #42765 by Frank Ryan

I got hijacked into SAC last week :wink:

There's no turning back now dude!!

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #43658 by dmolloy
is there anybody out there...... well just beamed down to this forum and do know a couple of names.

I am a new convert (year or so) but have an interest in all I dont understand. have a "chemist scope" and a 15 x70 pair of binos - I get more use out of these than the scope would like to buy a dob.

any way hello to everybody

declan

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #43659 by dmcdona
Hi Declan - glad to see you aboard! How did you come across the site if you don't mind me asking?

Glad the bins are helping satisfy your thirst for knowledge. As far as scopes go, I find it hard to understand my own system at times - its full of gadgetry, a bucket load of aluminium and lots of software. Now a Dob... That would be sweet - point and go!

However, there are folks on the boards here more eminently qualified to answer your question than I - so I'll refer them onto you - I just couldn't do your question the justice it deserves.

Cheers
Dave

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #43661 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Hi Declan,
welcome along to the IFAS Boards! What part of Laois are you from? There are some other members here from the Laois area (as well as Offaly! ;)). Anything we can help you with, all you have to do is ask!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds