K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #43923 by dmolloy
thanks for that info on dealers, will look into it (pardon the pun)

time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #46046 by artyfarty
Replied by artyfarty on topic Hello
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to say hi before I start annoying you all with Newbe questions :?

I'm 34 living in near Carlow (Kildare side), I've just finished an MSc in Learning Technologies which has managed to take over my entire life and almost cost me a divorce :D I'm finally able to play with my Soligor MT-910/4.5" telescope which I got from Santa (after many hints!!!). I have to say I was blown away when I first seen the moon and Jupiter through it and although its probably not the best telescope money can buy it was enough to capture my imagination. I even managed to get some decent moon photos at the last eclipse with my digital camera held up to the eyepiece (which his the area I'd love to expand into).

To any other newbe's out there I'd strongly suggest downloading the free Stellarium planetarium package to help you get started on what can at first seem like a really complicated subject, it makes identifying the wonders of the night sky very easy for a beginner... did I mention it completely free!!!

I've a few quick questions for you if someone can help.
  1. Anyone from KAS know what's happened to your website, it seems to be off-line. I was hoping to join some of the upcoming meetings.
  2. I was trying to add my avatar (Picture of me and Neil Armstrong :D ) Has this feature been turned off along with the HTML option?

More
16 years 11 months ago #46048 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Hello

I was trying to add my avatar (Picture of me and Neil Armstrong :D ) Has this feature been turned off along with the HTML option?

Hi! Welcome aboard!

If you want to set an avatar you have to host it on the internet yourself somewhere and then add the URL to the image into your profile. We don't allow avatar uploading, just remote linking.

More on avatars here: www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2555

I think most people use photobucket or similar to upload their avatars.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
16 years 11 months ago #46050 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Hello

I've just finished an MSc in Learning Technologies which has managed to take over my entire life and almost cost me a divorce :D

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Today I'm at home on a nice fine day, having taken a day off work. And I'm sitting indoors at the laptop logged into to computers in australia trying to get a simulation of pulsars to match up with surveys, like I've been doing for weeks now with very little to show for it. I'll be really happy when this MSc is over!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 11 months ago #46057 by artyfarty
:shock: I know EXACTLY how you feel. Just remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's NOT a train coming to hit you.

More
16 years 11 months ago #46081 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Hi and Welcome!
I knew he looked familiar ! How did you get to meet Neil Armstrong?
I've become a rejuvenated moon fan recently so I've a renewed interest in all the Apollo missions.
BTW, I'm gonna call you Art if that ok . :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds