MAC Perseids StarBQ & Camping Night: Saturday Aug 15th

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #104542 by Seanie_Morris
Hi all,

For anyone interested, Midlands Astronomy Club is hosting their annual Perseids StarBQ and Camping Nightthis Saturday night at our Clonminch Site Observatory, just outside of Tullamore this Saturday, August 15th. This is a FREE EVENT BUT REQUIRES YOUR 'REGISTRATION'. You can send me a PM, or an email to MAC at midlandsastronomy@gmail.com - directions will only be given to those who contact us.

MAC will provide the barbecues and campfire, you just bring everything else you need to enjoy the evening, whether for just the barbecue, or for the whole night. Onsite parking, spaces for tents, dark, rural location, great fun, are all included!

MAC members will be there from around 8pm to get the site in order, start putting up our own tents, and so on. Children are most welcome with an adult, and it is totally informal.

Essentials
Chair of considerable comfort to allow an unstrained view(on your neck) of the skies
Extra fleece or coat, and maybe even a blanket
Food and drinks (alcohol is permitted)
Relevant utensils and condiments for the eating parts
A sense of humour
Telescope or binoculars is optional

Hope to see you there!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #104572 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic MAC Perseids StarBQ & Camping Night: Saturday Aug 15th
Remember, if you're going to PM me via this site that you are interested in coming, you should give me a contact phone number and email, address! My own phone number, for reference is 087 6825910.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds