K-Tec

Milky Way over North Dublin clty light pollution

• Bruno
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #102588 by Bruno
Took this image on 23 November. Six shots using modified DSLR with Astronomik CLS filter on a tripod.

6X40sec exposures stacked with Deep Sky Stacker and processed in PS including "Peters Actions-Star Trail elimination" and RC GradientXterminator.

Was surprised to get this image with such a short exposure stack through the light pollution. I am encouraged to try again.

John
See image at:
www.flickr.com/photos/89666413@N04/16055...et-72157632096781703

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Bruno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old, johnomahony, Mike, Kinch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #102589 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Milky Way over North Dublin clty light pollution
It certainly dispels that myth where you have to get a long way from the city to get shots such as this.

Well done.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #102591 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Milky Way over North Dublin clty light pollution
Nice shot- well done. A tough subject under such demanding conditions.
I found that short exposure work well also (10-20 seconds depending on the lens so there is no trailing)

I took this image a few years ago. I took 14 frames of 20 seconds each and stacked them. All from a static tripod but from a semi-dark site.

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/154399.../pool-bbcskyatnight/

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by johnomahony.

• Bruno
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
9 years 4 months ago #102596 by Bruno
Continuing my struggle against Dublin light pollution for wide field photos with DSLR and Tripod. This is 7 X 30sec with Astronomik CLS filter. Custom white balance set using night sky. Thought I'd insert labels for fun.

John
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds