• IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
More
8 years 10 months ago #104279 by Roy Stewart
Replied by Roy Stewart on topic SOLARFEST 2015
Can't wait to meet up with you
all again, roll on Saturday.

Cheers Roy

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

www.twitter.com/Roydeboy33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #104280 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic SOLARFEST 2015
My first Solarfest ever, have to say really looking forward to Saturday and meeting up.

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #104293 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic SOLARFEST 2015
After another successful Solarfest, big thanks are due to the following people for without their help and support the event would not be possible:

- All the speakers for taking the time to prepare their excellent talks. Thank you all;

- Kevin Smith & Meath Astronomy Club for coming on-board to co-organise the event and make it a weekend solar festival. Thanks Kevin!;

- Dunsink Observatory (DIAS) Astronomy & Astrophysics Group – Hilary O’Donnell in particular has always been very supportive;

- Trinity College Dublin Astrophysics Research Group - Dr. Peter Gallagher once again gave his support to the event and delivered a great talk. Thanks Peter!;

- Irish Astronomical Society - John Flannery, Val Dunne, Robin Moore and Deirdre Kelleghan for helping promote Solarfest and for their help on the day;

- KTEC Telescopes www.ktectelescopes.ie/ for providing prizes for our solar-themed astrophotography event. There is still time to enter ‪#‎KTECSOLAR‬ and ‪#‎KTECSMART‬ - see our Facebook page for more details;

- Michael Murphy and John McKeon for helping with the astrophotography talk on Saturday and sharing their solar equipment;

- Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project www.charliebates.org/ for providing the solar glasses;

- And of course the Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies (IFAS) for supporting the event as always.

Regards,
Michael OConnell.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by michaeloconnell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, michael_murphy, R Newman, KevinSmith

More
8 years 10 months ago #104308 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic SOLARFEST 2015
Hi everyone,

Well done on organising another great Solarfest and extending the event to a full weekend's celebration of our nearest star. I missed Terry's talk on Friday night due to some things I was setting up for the Meetup group members I brought up to Dunsink on the night but they were thrilled to visit the Observatory and enjoyed the outing.

Just got to hear some of the afternoon talks on the Saturday but it was fascinating learn the history of the Marconi station at Clifden, as well as the nail-biting efforts Peter Gallagher and his team went through to intercept the March 20th eclipse track off the Irish coast.

Sorry I missed the Sunday viewing at Rathbeggan Lakes. Hope it all went well.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaeloconnell, michael_murphy, KevinSmith

More
8 years 10 months ago #104325 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic SOLARFEST 2015
Many thanks to all concerned for a great SolarFest 2015, especially to Michael and Kevin, great line-up of speakers too; I missed Friday evening unfortunately but heard it was great despite the weather. Had a wonderful time, learnt a lot and always great meeting up with people with similar interests and the visit to Dunsink Observatory is always special. On the Sunday I meet up with Kevin at Rathbeggan Lakes in the afternoon, the sun gods allowed breaks between the clouds to view the Sun, Moon and planets on show, a big thanks to Kevin. Roll-on SolarFest 2016!

Best wishes and clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds