K-Tec

Is Riversdale House b&b close to a dark sky?

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
1 week 3 days ago #112364 by Neil40
Hi all, I hope everyone is well. Does anyone know if there is somewhere suitable to set up my little Seestar for imaging near this b&b in Glendalough? Trooperstown lodge is closed and I dont drive so ill be getting a lift down with my Seestar and my car jumper battery and shall be on my own. 
There's a b&b in Trooperstown but its a half hour walk from the caspark.  Its all very last minute!  Has anyone ever stayed there?  Thanks

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #112365 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Is Riversdale House b&b close to a dark sky?
Hi Neil,

I've never been there but looking at Google maps it looks like the B&B itself might work (assuming they don't have too much in the way of outside lighting).
It also looks like there is a path to the Miner's way walking trail. This might get you far enough away from the B&B to image.
If that doesn't work out, there is a forest path about 500M down the road from the B&B on the other side. Disadvantage is it requires walking on that road after dark.

Hope this helps,

Michael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
1 week 3 days ago #112366 by Neil40
That great Michael thanks. Ill go so. And I have a powerful torch so if I do any road walking ill be brighter than any car! I'm excited now!
Thanks again. I'll let you know how I get on.

Neil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds