K-Tec

Open Invitation to EAE Summer Star Parties-Mt Parnon, GREECE

More
16 years 1 month ago #64954 by james335k
Hi Vagelis,
Do you think it would be possible to get a lift back to the airport on the Monday? (July 7) Or do most people leave on the sunday?

Best regards

James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Vagelis Tsamis
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
16 years 1 month ago #65066 by Vagelis Tsamis
Our plans is to pick you guys up from Athens Airport (or perhaps Athens city) on Wednesday 2nd July / Thursday 28th August, so we can arrive at the observing site the afternoon or the evening.
As for departure, most support team people do have to drive back to Athens on Sunday 6th July/31st August, but yes, sure, somebody can give a lift to one or two people back to the airport on Monday 7th July/1st September.
In June, as I said, the support team will be smaller, since June is not a typical holiday month, as is July and August. 2 of us can get a day off (Friday) in order to drive to Parnon Thursday afternoon, so we can give a lift to no more than 4-5 people.
In July and in August, maybe up to 10 people.
Is that ok with you?

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

• Vagelis Tsamis
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
16 years 1 month ago #65305 by Vagelis Tsamis
Armagh astronomer Tolis Christou is very likely to come, probably in July :D

International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

More
16 years 1 month ago #65364 by leon
Hi everybody,I want to wellcame you to Parnonas mountain at June,July and August.But before that time,I will be in Ireland from 25/4 to 1/5.I will stay at my aunts place at Knockaskeheen,Lisdoonvarna and on 1/5 in Dublin.I hope that I will meet same of You fellows,so we can discuss about you trip to Greece(and my favorite,cosmology).
Sorry for my terrible English.
Leonidas Papasotiriou :D

More
16 years 1 month ago #65365 by Seanie_Morris
Welcome along Leonidas, thank you for your invite to Greece. I won't be able to meet you myself, as your journey over here is somewhat out of my way, unfortunately.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• Vagelis Tsamis
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
16 years 1 month ago #65366 by Vagelis Tsamis
Hi Leonidas! :D

Hey guys, leon is my friend.
He is our secret agent, and he is coming to Ireland on an important mission (appart from visiting his beloved aunt): to collect information and check you, if you can qualify for Parnon.
So be NICE ... :D

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds