K-Tec

16" Meade LX200GPS OTA for sale [OTA SOLD, rings availa

More
16 years 1 day ago #67087 by ayiomamitis

Geeze, guys, I hope I didn't price it too far under market.

Let's have this discussion after it is sold ... I do not want the (lucky) buyer to be upset with me.

But Michael, there's only one solution to your problem: bigger mount. ;)

Michael, no offence but how about a serious mount such as an AP1200GTO? I would also recommend the AP3600GTO ("El Capitan") but you would need a few 16" Meade SCT's to reach its limit ... unless you piggy-back Seanie and use him as a finderscope. :mrgreen:

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 day ago #67088 by ayiomamitis
PS. Jeff, how much would it cost to ship this scope overseas? :wink:

My AP1200GTO arrived in five smaller parcels weighing a total of 125 pounds and the shipping alone was $980 ... which was added to the declared value prior to taxation and duties.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 1 day ago #67089 by jeyjey
Anthony --

I'd say you're in the ballpark for shipping costs. I shipped the fork mount to Canada last year for around 750 euro -- I think it was a bit heavier than the OTA but it packed in several smaller boxes rather than one big one. (I do have the original Meade shipping box.)

I don't think you'd have any taxes or duty on it though as Irish VAT and duty have already been paid and I think that means it's VAT-free and duty-free within the EU. Do you want me to get a shipping quote?

Cheers,
-- Jeff.

Nikon 18x70s / UA Millennium                              Colorado:
Solarscope SF70 / TV Pronto / AP400QMD             Coronado SolarMax40 DS / Bogen 055+3130
APM MC1610 / Tak FC-125 / AP1200GTO               Tak Mewlon 250 / AP600EGTO

More
16 years 1 day ago #67090 by michaeloconnell

Michael, no offence but how about a serious mount such as an AP1200GTO? I would also recommend the AP3600GTO ("El Capitan") but you would need a few 16" Meade SCT's to reach its limit.

Naaah. TO be honest, I'm happy with the mount I have. Besides, for the extra cost involved, I'd prefer to spend the money on others things.

More
16 years 1 day ago #67091 by ayiomamitis

I don't think you'd have any taxes or duty on it though as Irish VAT and duty have already been paid and I think that means it's VAT-free and duty-free within the EU.

I agree on this issue but my argument was slightly different ... if one takes into consideration only the shipping costs from the US into Europe and then adds the 25% or so for taxes/duties, they will see that one easily has a cost which reaches approximately 1000 euro. You are selling the OTA effectively for 2900 euro ... since the OTA plus 25% duties/taxes sells for considerably more than that, this offer is a steal.

Do you want me to get a shipping quote?

I have a KILLER large-aperture Mak-Cass coming with premium optics and carbon fiber. :wink:

If it wasn't for the MC, I am certain I would have jumped at your offer.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 1 day ago #67093 by ayiomamitis
PS. We all know very well that aperture is king ... this is especially true for projects involving dim objects and also for photometry. Such a scope would be ideal for exoplanet light curves as well as dim variables .... hint, hint, hint.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds