K-Tec

Jupiter tonight

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #103734 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Jupiter tonight
Was out skywatching with the binos (those new 10 X 50s fro Lidl, not bad at all), and coincidentally went out to look up at the same time the ISS came within a few degrees of Jupiter, not that long ago. Also, if I widened the bino's objectives to their widest, I can get Jupiter and the Beehive in the same field of view! ;)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #103735 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Jupiter tonight
Well done, Seanie. As we all ought to know by now, binoculars are simply brilliant for night sky observing.

I have just had my 3rd night in a row with my 6.2" apo.

Full report tomorrow.

Aubrey.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #103736 by Seanie_Morris

flt158 wrote: ...binoculars are simply brilliant for night sky observing....

...I have just had my 3rd night in a row with my 6.2" apo...

It's always a competition with you, Aubrey! :laugh:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #103738 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Jupiter tonight
Ah no Seanie, I did not mean it that way.

By the way, Seanie, would you mind informing me how to use the above board code with the facial expressions? I would like to use them from time to time as I am an expressive individual.

It appears it is not as simple as left clicking on the desired character and bringing it down to the message.

Thank you, Seanie. Valerie and I are looking forward to Cosmos!

Aubrey.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #103739 by Seanie_Morris

flt158 wrote: Ah no Seanie, I did not mean it that way.

I know that! I'm always taking the mick out of you and your rocket launcher!

When you are typing a reply to a post, you should be able to see the rows of emoticons - smiley faces and expressive gif images - even in the mobile version. If you can't, you can also use ordinary keyboard inputs, like:

:+) = :)
;+) = ;)
:+p = :p
:+D = :D
:+( = :(
:+rock+: = :rock:
:+angry+: = :angry:
:(with space)+angry+: = : angry:

Remove the '+' in each, and the board code reads the miniphrase as an HTML input, and makes the smiley equivalent! Also, these are very universal across forum boards, no matter what engine is driving it (vBulletin, phpBB, Kunena on Joomla, etc.)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Seanie_Morris.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #103743 by KevinSmith
Replied by KevinSmith on topic Jupiter tonight
Variable seeing and great Jupiter action over the last week. Some very late nights!
I caught most of the transits and moon occultation’s/eclipses although missed Monday's occultation with a laptop crash but caught it visually anyway.

Mondays seeing good throughout the evening with fog later. Tuesday good early on and slowly deteriorated throughout the night into the morning. Wednesday very good seeing early until around 22:00 and it started to drop off quickly and turned poor at around 23:00 and went from good to poor in about 3 min. Friday was very poor for me which was surprising and mostly did naked eye observing and have at least 7 satellites I need to look up.

Aubrey, I caught your observations from Tuesday and saw that satellite just by chance as I looked up from imaging. Also caught the ISS heading toward Jupiter on Friday but passed low in the end.

Here are a few images processed thus far.

The large mono is Europa occulting Calisto along with Europa’s shadow (seeing conditions poor at this stage )
There is Ganymede shadow transit and a few random ones of the moons for a course I am doing along with an Io transit.

Really looking forward to the 17th and 18th and hoping the seeing stays good for them if we get clear skies.

Clear Skies!
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by KevinSmith.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris, dave_lillis, johnomahony, Kinch, flt158, Roy Stewart

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds