K-Tec

NGC 2359 - Thor's Helmet

More
8 years 3 months ago #105479 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic NGC 2359 - Thor's Helmet
Hi Simon - thanks.

It is cropped, but not by much. The full image FoV can be seen in the two small images (Ha &OIII) that are on the web page: www.kinchastro.com/ngc-2359.html

If, like me, the scope will be used almost exclusively for imaging, then it is worth paying for the quadruplet. I am no expert on scopes (I am not an expert on anything come to think of it)....so this is a just how I see it. I believe there are now scopes with 5 lenses and I am sure scopes (other than refractors) that some people say are better for imaging. The second hand FSQ 106 ED was my first foot in the water at the deep end and I am only now catching up with the scope capabilities, but being a quad, I got away without flats for a long time....until the dust got on the lens :-) For imaging, a quad really is sweet.....I am saving for a TAK FSQ 130.......I guess I just love Takahashi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #105557 by Burner
Replied by Burner on topic NGC 2359 - Thor's Helmet
Very impressed (and not a little envious!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kinch

More
8 years 1 month ago #105623 by CarlightExpress
Replied by CarlightExpress on topic NGC 2359 - Thor's Helmet
Hey Brendan

TS now do a 6-element flat field 130mm F5 scope for a fraction of the cost
www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_inf...d-APO-Telescope.html

Both the Takahashi and the TS are triplets (3xED Glass), but the TS one has a 3 Element Field Flattener also

More
8 years 1 month ago #105624 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic NGC 2359 - Thor's Helmet
Hi Simon,
Thanks for the heads up.
The TAK FSQ130 is as yet a rare scope. I had the opportunity last week to put my name on one - spurred me into thinking hard about buying a new scope. Bottom line - I would have been paying a lot of money for another F5 scope albeit with a great image circle. But then I would have needed a new camera to make use of it and then different spacers, tube rings etc. etc.
Made me think with my head not my heart. The FSQ 106 does me just fine.....I am going to stick with that for some time yet........unless I win a pile of money somewhere. (I suppose I should start buying lottery tickets!).

Thanks for thinking of me when you saw that TS scope.
(P.S. The Tak FSQs don't require Field Flateners either.)

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds