K-Tec

Nice few minuted with binos

More
18 years 7 months ago #15530 by markdowling
Replied by markdowling on topic Deep sky
I was out for an observing session last night and even as far south in wicklow as I live( just south of Lug na quilla) you can still make out the distant glow of Dublin.
I had a pretty good night except I was determined to find Ngc7662 which became an obsession but I finally gave up! A 'small green disk' it may be but I'll find it some night!
I even used my 7mm lanthanum on M13 and it was quite good. Dim obviously but lots of stars to clearly see. Host of other globs viewed and then onto the reliably dim M33 and a couple of other galaxies.
All the time my attention distracted by my anxious and excited wait for the mail to deliver my 27 panoptic very soon, and hopefully for the money some even finer views.

Mars was up by the time I was tiring but hey...I have to work to pay for these luxury eyepieces eh?

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #15533 by Perseus
Replied by Perseus on topic Re: Nice few minuted with binos

I had a pretty good night except I was determined to find Ngc7662 which became an obsession

Never looked for ngc 7662 before, but i'll give it a go next time i'm out. I got M76 (little dumbell) monday night with a 8" and its the same size in roughly the same area of sky. It will be interesting to see if it realy appears blue & blinks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds