K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
10 years 4 months ago #99433 by cianoregan
Hey William my friend!

Thanks for getting in touch! This forum is great isn't it! It's nice that I finally know someone on this. I'm still learning the ropes but I think I'll manage it.

An observing session sounds good! If the skies are clear I will be in Blackrock Castle next Friday for their First Friday event. I plan on setting up my telescope, attending the astro photography lecture and them go observing! We'll have to wait and see!

Thanks SpaceDinosaur! :scope: B)

"To realise that our greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give our best efforts.!
-Gene Kranz, Apollo 11 Flight Director

Visit my blog: www.irishspaceblog.blogspot.com
Twitter: @irishspaceblog
flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/cianoregan1/
Facebook:...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #99435 by dmolloy
I'm sure you will find lots of like minded folk in your part of the island, keep on looking at this forum for advice and the occasional bargin :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cianoregan

More
10 years 4 months ago #99437 by cianoregan
Will do! Might end up selling some things too! Thanks!

"To realise that our greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give our best efforts.!
-Gene Kranz, Apollo 11 Flight Director

Visit my blog: www.irishspaceblog.blogspot.com
Twitter: @irishspaceblog
flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/cianoregan1/
Facebook:...

More
10 years 4 months ago #99440 by Keith g
Welcome along Cian B) It sounds already that you will be a top addition to the forum! You have done superb work already, that's the passion from the dark side :)

Keith..
The following user(s) said Thank You: cianoregan

More
10 years 2 months ago #100142 by Welshguy84
Replied by Welshguy84 on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Hi Guys

My name is Geraint I'm originally from Wales, I have been living in Ireland for the past 6 years. i work as a IT Technician for a firm in Carlow. I have always had a in astrology but never had a telescope myself but my son is showing a real interest in it so I'm here now hoping to see what's the best way forward for the both of us on starting out and hoping to get some advice on what equipment to start off with.

Thanks

Geraint

More
10 years 2 months ago #100143 by wbean
Hey Geraint,
welcome to the forum! Well what I did when I started out was borrow a scope from a friend for a couple weeks. It was small but I managed to see great views of the moon and Jupiter. it really got me hooked so if you know anyone in around Carlow or kilkenny who might lend you their scope, or at least take you and your son out for an evening observing that would be a great start. I'm sure there's someone here who's up in your direction who will chime in.

Welcome again and clear skies!
Will

www.skelligstarparty.com
Live each week like it's space week!

OTA: WO 72mm Megrez, Skymax 127
Mount: HEQ5 Pro w/ EQMOD

BLOG: astronomybox.blogspot.com/

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds