K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
10 years 2 months ago #100167 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Welcome to IFAS Geraint!

Welshguy84 wrote: I have been living in Ireland for the past 6 years... in Carlow...

You should take a trip to Tullamore for one of Midlands Astronomy Club's meetings. We have/had members from as far as Castledermot and Ballylinan come along...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #100204 by paullyie
Hi Seanie,

Sorry to hijack your answer, I'm still a bit of a newbie myself with a cheap basic scope Post above
I must look up when you have events on, would be interested in that if it is open to everyone?

I'm actually in Athy myself;
Do you or anyone know of any decent dark sites around south Kildare, or even around Carlow/Portlaoise
I've been up to Sugar Loaf a few times, but its a bit of a track to go up there

Thanks in advance
Paul

More
10 years 1 month ago #100205 by dmolloy
Paul, I'm a member of Midlands Astronomy Club and live a few miles away in Ballylinan. I would be delighted to introduce you to the night sky from my own back garden.

Declan :woohoo:

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #100989 by charsome1
Hello!
I'm a new member of the site!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by charsome1.

More
9 years 10 months ago #101008 by Keith g
Hi Charsome, welcome along !! Any questions just ask, that's what we are here for :) have fun

Keith..

More
9 years 8 months ago #101551 by mccreamark
Replied by mccreamark on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Hi ,
My name is Mark and I am an electronics student, hopefully finishing my masters in Image Procesing and Analysis in DCU this year.My hobbies are model engineering and building small CNC machines. I am also hoping to build some gadgets for my telescope as and when I need them.I have been interested in astronomy for some years but have very little experience. I have had a C11 and a CGEM DX for a couple of years but I have not used it as much as I would like to due to studying. I can just about get it set up in my garden in Drogheda and mostly have a good view of the North and North East and East. I plan to spend more time in the back garden this winter. I am also hoping to build some gadgets for my telescope as and when I need them.Are there any clubs or members in Louth, as I would like to see how it is done.
Regards
Mark

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds