K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
9 years 8 months ago #101557 by dmolloy
I know there are people nationwide with vast experience in such matters. stay in touch with the boards - any specific advice required will receive a response, Happy hunting and welcome to the boards

Declan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #101572 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Hi Mark,

It's not Louth but Meath Astronomy Club might be close enough.

Michael.

More
9 years 3 months ago #102659 by Bruce Banner
Replied by Bruce Banner on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Hi All,

My name is Alan, I am a qualified automation engineer from Drogheda, currently studying mechanical engineering in DIT. Since I was very young i've had a strong interest in physics and engineering, which is probably why I became interested in astronomy. I got my first telescope recently, an 8" Skywatcher Dobsonian Classic, a piece of kit I have instantly fallen in love with. Being from the country side I have been lucky enough to clock up a decent amount of viewing time already and hope that I can continue to do so around study.
I hope to learn from everyone here, attend loads of events and where possible contribute.

Alan

More
9 years 3 months ago #102661 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Welcome aboard Alan. Great to have you.

Sean

More
9 years 3 months ago #102670 by flt158
Hi Alan. Please do fill us in with what you have observed so far with your 8". It is a great scope!

Aubrey.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #102675 by Bruce Banner
Replied by Bruce Banner on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Thanks for the welcome Sean and Aubrey.

So far I've viewed:
M44 - The Beehive Cluster
M42 & M43
M31 - Andromeda
M45 - The Seven Sisters
Jupiter and its moons
And our moon

I am really looking forward to Saturn being visible again as it is one of the planets which inspired me into astronomy especially due to the Cassini mission. The pinwheel galaxy (M33) is another goal of mine (Along with every other messier object ;) ) but I don't think the sky is dark enough here with Drogheda's light polluting the sky, so I may have to take a road trip to a dark sky site soon. I think a similar issue is having a detrimental effect on the level of detail i'm seeing Messier objects with but that road trip should solve that.
What sort of set-up are you working with Aubrey?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Bruce Banner.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds