K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
5 years 2 months ago #107592 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Oh, apologies, hahaha. I thought by your message you are from wales but moved over here. Well still, if you have any questions or want to get involved in any discussions, work away. Glad to have you aboard. 

Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• susliks1235l
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 2 months ago #107598 by susliks1235l
Какие слова... супер, отличная мысль

More
4 years 4 months ago #108049 by dford
Greetings all,

I've always had an interest in astronomy but have only recently decided to take the plunge by purchasing my first scope, a Celestron 127 SLT. I've been doing some observing from my back garden (based in Wicklow Town) over the last couple of weeks. Luckily there have been a few clear nights where I've observed the moon and a number of clusters and double stars. Hoping to make it out to somewhere with less light pollution over the next few weeks. Got my first glimpse of a blurry Andromeda last night and I'm hungry to see more :)

Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
4 years 4 months ago #108051 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Hi Derek and welcome.
There is a get together at the Sugarloaf car park on Friday night at 8.  Why not come along and meet some people.
Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: dford

More
4 years 4 months ago #108054 by Paul Evans
Replied by Paul Evans on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Hi Derek and welcome to IFAS. Nice scope you have there and I hope you get pleanty of opportunities to get out and use it! I see the Dublin guys have already invited you up to the Sugarloaf - there's some good skies up that way when the weather plays ball and you should be able to get great advice too!

Enjoy the forum and keep us posted as to how you get on!

Clear skies,

Paul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dford

More
4 years 4 months ago #108055 by dford
Thank you lunartic and Paul,

I might not make this Friday due to work commitments but I will keep a close eye on the forums for the next meet up at the sugarloaf and will certainly keep that free

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds