K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
4 years 4 months ago #108056 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

dford wrote: Greetings all,

I've always had an interest in astronomy but have only recently decided to take the plunge by purchasing my first scope, a Celestron 127 SLT. I've been doing some observing from my back garden (based in Wicklow Town) over the last couple of weeks. Luckily there have been a few clear nights where I've observed the moon and a number of clusters and double stars. Hoping to make it out to somewhere with less light pollution over the next few weeks. Got my first glimpse of a blurry Andromeda last night and I'm hungry to see more :)

Derek

Hi Derek,  you're very welcome to the IFAS. From personal experience, you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer community. Not only are there extremely knowledgeable people who are only delighted to discuss all things astronomical, but their passion for the astronomy is something else. As mentioned already, the meet-up sessions are great way to get to know the some of the members. 

Wishing you all the best with your new telescope. 

Darren. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, dford

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #108059 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Hi Derek,

Welcome aboard and basically everything else Paul, Paul and Darren said!!! Great to have you.

Sean
The following user(s) said Thank You: dford

More
2 years 7 months ago #110591 by Neil40
Hi everyone my name is Neil. I've always loved astronomy. I had a small scope many moons ago but it barely got used. I saved up and bought a Celestron CPC 1100 a few years ago. (I know nuts for a newbie). The reason I got such a large scope is because having read many posts on this site and the Cloudy Nights forum etc I noticed that people tend to upgrade their equipment a lot. I decided to cut out the middle man! Also my partner gave of permission! I have started using it quite a lot in the last few weeks and intend to continue. I am now trying to pick a dedicated astronomy camera to I can image the planets. I am finding that more difficult then choosing a scope. I am sure the kind people on this site will point me in the right direction.
I hope you are all keeping well during these trying times.
Thanks guys
Neil

The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
2 years 7 months ago #110593 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Hello Neil,

You're very welcome to the forum. That's some scope you've got yourself. I'm sure you're going to have many years of enjoyment with it. In terms of the astrophotography, I'm of absolutely no help to you as I do visual -sorry! However, there are some very skilled astrophotographers here, so I'm sure someone will offer assistance.

I'm looking forward to seeing your images.

Until then, clear skies,

Darren.

More
2 years 7 months ago #110597 by Fermidox
Replied by Fermidox on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Welcome Neil,

I would say Stephen from Ktec is the man to recommend the correct camera for your needs. I've had some dealings with him and found him very helpful.

ktectelescopes.ie/

I'm not into astrophotography myself in a big way though, just recording some events here and there 'for the record'. Lucky however to have reasonably dark conditions here in S Limerick.

Clear skies,
Finbarr.

More
2 years 7 months ago #110599 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum. And congrats on cutting out the middle man, that's a fairly beastly scope, for a Newby or vet 

Agreed to what everyone else said. Stephen in Ktec is the man. He won't steer you wrong. 

Enjoy!!!!

Sean

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds