K-Tec

Solar eclipse March 20th 2015

More
9 years 1 month ago #103520 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Solar eclipse March 20th 2015
Success!! The clouds cleared here in Cavan for 30 minutes, it was a lovely sight through my eclipse shades, I shared them with my work colleagues too :-)

Keith..
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, michael_murphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #103521 by Neill
Replied by Neill on topic Solar eclipse March 20th 2015
Got lucky just North of Belfast sky cleared for around 1 hour from 8:45. Very thick clouds here now, trying to rain! Lovely sight as usual :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery

More
9 years 1 month ago #103522 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Solar eclipse March 20th 2015
Clouds cleared here in Dublin at the right moment to see maximum of the eclipse. Very dramatic and shared the view with work colleagues too.

My heart did sink when I got up this morning and was tempted to drive south of Dublin where the weather prospects seemed better. However, I stuck it out and it was nice share the event with others. We saw occasional glimpses of the Moon gradually creeping across the Sun and then got lucky for maximum. Even now, we can see good gaps in the cloud to catch the latter stages of the eclipse.

I was really surprised at the drop in light level as I've never experienced as deep a partial eclipse before that wasn't going to be total from my location!

Hope the eclipse chasers gone to the Faroes, Svalbard, and in the air, got lucky. The live-feed from the Faroes though suggests overcast skies.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

More
9 years 1 month ago #103523 by Neill
Replied by Neill on topic Solar eclipse March 20th 2015
Was surprised myself by the change in the light level and the temperature for a partial eclipse. Lovely views of totality from the air above the Faroes on Stargazing live. Their guy on the ground was clouded out.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #103524 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Solar eclipse March 20th 2015
Thankfully we managed to see something, work colleagues and students enjoyed the view. I got some images that I will post later. Looking forward to 2090. B)

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by lunartic_old.

More
9 years 1 month ago #103525 by Darragh_H
Replied by Darragh_H on topic Solar eclipse March 20th 2015
Managed to get a few shots from Dun Laoghaire.
The weather and clouds really closed in after 10am - I'd had enough by then!

Darragh
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds