Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 2 months ago #24543 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
Thanks for that Kevin. Was your observation solely by naked eye?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #24544 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
Great work kevin. Your persistance paid of :D

I set my alarm for 05.00 this morning and when i awoke the sky was overcast but i was not put of because i had been reading the sky for much of the night and i knew it could clear at any min..it did!

I wrapped up and headed outside with my 10X50 Bin and 90mm ETX in hand and walked a considerable distance to my choosen vantage point up the site. The sky was awesome! The Milkyway in Cygnus to the east and west of Deneb was like a cloud with the NAN easy with the unaided eye. A long dark cloud bank hung over the comets position so with the binos i observed M81, M82, M51, M39, Double Cluster, M10, M12, M11, RCrB, TCrB, M13 and M27. I searched around the cloud for the comet with no luck. When the cloud drifted away the sky had become so bright that i had no hope of making an observation. It was freezing which combined with the wind chill made this a very difficult session, The ground was a crunchy solid white due to large hail and light snow which made the setting very sureal. Beautiful morning. I headed in at 06.25. Maybe i will have more luck tommrow.

Clear skies!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 2 months ago #24545 by kevin
Replied by kevin on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
No it was with my 10inch rcx telescope and 26mm eyepiece.

clear skies all

Kevin Black

More
18 years 2 months ago #24653 by kevin
Replied by kevin on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
What another good look at the comet this morning. It was shinning brightly through my rcx telescope and guess who confirmed it with me this morning? Yes, you got it right, the man who never sleeps Martin Mckenna. He sent me a wee text as i was packing up at 5.55am this morning. Well done martin, i will let you tell the wee story.

This is my 3rd sighting of the comet and i seems to get brighter. i would say it is mag5.4.

Anyway congradulations Martin. I have taken a few images but i still need to process them. Im in work, so i cant wait to get home.

Take care all and clear skies

Kevin Black
EAAS MEMBER

More
18 years 2 months ago #24763 by Perseus
Replied by Perseus on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
Comet and Venus shown on todays "Astronomy Picture of the day" antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/

Damon

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 2 months ago #24769 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
Had a look this morning myself from the bedroom window with the naked eye, but I guess I left it just a little too late to try and spot it. Twillight haze was creeping up above the horizon. It was a good sign that it was going to be a lovely morning! :D

Blow me away, Venus was bright!!! :shock:

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds