K-Tec

• dave_lillis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 3 months ago #38931 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: avatar dissapeared ??

Actually, yesterday and the day before, Dave's avatar was all over the place. I noticed that when replying to a post, it was located in with the emoticons... And on a post that someone sent in, the emoticons were replced with Dave's Avatar... Very odd. Not happening today though.

So Seanie, Dave is is fully complis mentis :D

Dave

Seane, I think we're both screwed up, my avatar is still missing from what I can see and so is yours??
Dave McD, that's just bizarre. :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #38933 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: avatar dissapeared ??

Actually, yesterday and the day before, Dave's avatar was all over the place. I noticed that when replying to a post, it was located in with the emoticons... And on a post that someone sent in, the emoticons were replced with Dave's Avatar... Very odd. Not happening today though.

So Seanie, Dave is is fully complis mentis :D

Dave

Seane, I think we're both screwed up, my avatar is still missing from what I can see and so is yours??
Dave McD, that's just bizarre. :lol:

Sounds like you're having some sort if problems with your internet TBH. The avatars are not stored on our servers anyway so what ever the problem is it has nothing to do with the IFAS site!

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 3 months ago #38934 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: avatar dissapeared ??

Sounds like you're having some sort if problems with your internet TBH. The avatars are not stored on our servers anyway so what ever the problem is it has nothing to do with the IFAS site!

a lot are stored in the files section. Dave's (which still looks fine to me!) included www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...61923-IMG_0580_5.jpg

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 3 months ago #38935 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: avatar dissapeared ??

a lot are stored in the files section. Dave's (which still looks fine to me!) included www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...61923-IMG_0580_5.jpg

Ah, OK, in that case either we are having some internet connection problems or Dave is having some internet connection problems. The fact that others can see the avatars just fine would lead me to belive that it's a Dave's end.

What I think is happening is that his connection is slowing down to the point that by the time the rest of the page has loaded the connection to get the avatar has timed out.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 3 months ago #38936 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: avatar dissapeared ??

What I think is happening is that his connection is slowing down to the point that by the time the rest of the page has loaded the connection to get the avatar has timed out.

Could be.

Dave can you see this:

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 3 months ago #38939 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: avatar dissapeared ??

Could be.

Dave can you see this:

yes he can in his garden ;).

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds