I found the gallery using a google search

• dave_lillis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 1 month ago #42917 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: I found the gallery using a google search
It might be worth putting up a post stating that these are going to be deleted, say a few weeks before you do so, if someone out there has images in there and maybe deleted them off their computer, they might want them.
I have a few images in there where I'll need to make sure I have them here also.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #42918 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: I found the gallery using a google search

It might be worth putting up a post stating that these are going to be deleted, say a few weeks before you do so, if someone out there has images in there and maybe deleted them off their computer, they might want them.
I have a few images in there where I'll need to make sure I have them here also.

Good idea, will do.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 1 month ago #42976 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: I found the gallery using a google search
Playing the advocate here Bart, but with the new move imminent, won't we have the space to hold onto those old files? There will be 4 years of memories in there come May! ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 1 month ago #42981 by voyager

Playing the advocate here Bart, but with the new move imminent, won't we have the space to hold onto those old files? There will be 4 years of memories in there come May! ;)

The problem is not space, it's the security problems with the old system.

More
17 years 1 month ago #42991 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: I found the gallery using a google search
Ah, right. That would be a problem. Actually, I'd like to know further what you mean. Could it not be as simple as moving the images to an 'images' folder for that old content? Then, when broken links are found as we go on, the Mods can fix the links? If any are curently being used, they will be quickly rectified to have the link redirected to that images folder.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 1 month ago #42993 by voyager

Ah, right. That would be a problem. Actually, I'd like to know further what you mean. Could it not be as simple as moving the images to an 'images' folder for that old content? Then, when broken links are found as we go on, the Mods can fix the links? If any are curently being used, they will be quickly rectified to have the link redirected to that images folder.

The old system is database driven, all the metadata would be lost and we would be left with a load of files that no one knows anything about, like who they belong to or anything. It's a great big mess. Far better to make a clean break and get it right.

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds