K-Tec

The new website - A failure or success.

More
15 years 2 months ago #76511 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
phoenix wrote:

Seanie,

Posted four months ago by yourself

Oh it will definitely be coming back alright lads, I'd just prefer (based on feedback before) to try and keep it as current as possible, and not go back in time for the sake of having a couple of pretty pictures to add to a thread.

I think it was the promise that it would be back that stopped the outcry that we now see here.

You've lost me Kieran, in what context is this post in/item relating to?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JohnMurphy
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 2 months ago #76512 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
Getting back on track here.
What do you think about the idea for a Moderators policy/guidelnes.
This is not that unusual and is considered "best practice" the world over.

Here are some examples:
www.gentoo.org/proj/en/forums/forum-guide.xml
chatd.gala.net/10.cgi?t=htm&p1=6&l=en
www.ntu.ac.uk/about_ntu/file_uploads/73499.pdf
www.acountrylife.com/page.php?id=299

Some other things to think about from a legal standpoint are Privacy Policy, and make sure IFAS is a registered Data Controller (I don't see IFAS on the registration list).

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
15 years 2 months ago #76514 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
Seanie its in the astrophotography competion section of course!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was in response to Frank asking for it to be brought back and supported by other members.

Kieran
16" ODK (incoming), Mesu Mount 200, APM TMB 80mm, SXV H16, SXV H9
J16 An Carraig Observatory
ancarraigobservatory.co.uk/

• JohnMurphy
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 2 months ago #76517 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
Seanie,

It would be great if these closet complainers came out and showed themselves so that communication would be clearer.

Do you not think that as an Administrator this kind of phrasing can be seen as intimidating and down right disregarding of peoples opinions. So everyone who has a suggestion or does not agree with you or is too afraid to speak up is a "closet complainer"? This is exactly the kind of thing that is causing this site to fail, and why an Admin/Moderators Policy is required.

BTW.- I deleted all my PMs because I felt it may be interfered with. Thats why you didn't find any in there.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #76518 by Seanie_Morris
JohnMurphy wrote:

Seanie,

It would be great if these closet complainers came out and showed themselves so that communication would be clearer.

Do you not think that as an Administrator this kind of phrasing can be seen as intimidating and down right disregarding of peoples opinions. So everyone who has a suggestion or does not agree with you or is too afraid to speak up is a "closet complainer"? This is exactly the kind of thing that is causing this site to fail, and why an Admin/Moderators Policy is required.

BTW.- I deleted all my PMs because I felt it may be interfered with. Thats why you didn't find any in there.

Thanks for the reply John. As you know, I am a pretty outspoken individual. I can speak my mind if it merits it, no matter what the consequences are. Coupled with that is my 'don't give two hoots what people say to me' attitude - which I am quick to add does not make me irresponsible and not act upon something. I just don't give a hoot if someone doesn't like me or something I do or say! Life's too short to have grudges, and I don't keep them. Everyone has their opinions. Who the hell am I to judge?! I give mine.

;)

Seanie.
P.S. the above spoken in the context as an individual and as an Admin - who MUST take flak now and again.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

More
15 years 2 months ago #76519 by Seanie_Morris
phoenix wrote:

Seanie its in the astrophotography competion section of course!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was in response to Frank asking for it to be brought back and supported by other members.

Thanks Kieran - was a tad lost because I was between different replies/posts for a bit there!

Fair enough - I will bring it back for the 1st of March, you have my word (you might just remind me via PM the night before!).

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds