K-Tec

Open Letter to AI/A&S Ltd. (2)

More
20 years 5 months ago #1194 by Fintan
Replied by Fintan on topic Re: Open Letter to AI/A&S Ltd. (2)
Greenflashman

Yes, I've heard throughout the years, about ex-committee members leaving and following in our footsteps.

And yes, I do think that we need to move on and forget about DM, but please don't let it appear that I'm saying that I don't care about others who may corss his path. The only way we can provide options and alternatives to AI is by focusing on astronomy and on the development of our clubs and societies. Spending our time bickering here will do nothing constructive. 'Build up the societies and they will come'! The sad thing is that, nationally, there is nothing that explicitly offers an alternative to the person who is new to astronomy. The public image of astronomy is AI and when they subscribe to that company they remain oblivious to the existence of other groups. We need to get people to join the other national and local groups by showing that they are dynamic too. There are alot of ex AI committee members out there who have experience of working in the organisation of an astronomy company - if they can get past the trauma and stress that they have suffered they could put that experience to great use in other, real, astronomical societies.
Fintan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds