K-Tec

Lidl Telescope

More
20 years 4 months ago #1515 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Lidl Telescope
Well since I have absolutely no need for a scope like this I went out an bought one at lunchtime.

Looks good, easy to put together seems sturdy enough and the scope will fit on the LXD55 mount. Though too cloudy to put it to the test. They eyepieces look a little flimsy, though mabye I'm just used to the luxury of £99 eyepiece deals!

One curious thing... the software. Its actually from Meade and "May only be purchased with a Meade Instruments Product"... Nothing else to give clues to the scopes origin though.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #1539 by pegasus
Replied by pegasus on topic Re: Lidl Telescope
Just a silly question from a beginner, is it possible to purchase additional eyepieces for this telescope, are eyepieces standard. :?:

More
20 years 4 months ago #1541 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: Lidl Telescope

Just a silly question from a beginner, is it possible to purchase additional eyepieces for this telescope, are eyepieces standard. :?:

Eyepieces come in two main sizes, 1.25" and 2". The most common size is 1.25". The Lidl telescope is 1.25" eyepiece size. So yes, the Lidl telescope will take any 1.25" eyepiece. :wink:

There's a smaller size as well, 0.925" (I think) - Don't worry about this one, it's mostly found on dept. store scopes.

Does Lidl count as a dept. store? :lol:

John.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
20 years 4 months ago #1542 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Lidl Telescope
The two eyepieces you get are actually fairly ok, though the 4mm one is a bit tedious to use. Managed to get the shadow on the rings of saturn last night with it though. just.

Someone mentioned that the celestron eyepiece/filter deal is being sold separately, if so that would make an ideal accessory pack for this scope.

Its sucks a bit at deep sky though, Orion nebula was only visible with averted vision last night (thoough there was an almost full moon to contend with), perhaps I'm just too used to a 10" mirror :-)

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
20 years 4 months ago #1543 by pegasus
Replied by pegasus on topic Re: Lidl Telescope
Where in Ireland can you buy the celestron eyepiece/filter :?:

More
20 years 4 months ago #1544 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: Lidl Telescope

Where in Ireland can you buy the celestron eyepiece/filter :?:

Just so you know, you're not limited to just Celestron eyepieces for this scope. There are other eyepieces that are also excellent quality (Meade for example)

Try Andromeda Optics for a start: www.andromedaoptics.com Jimmy/Wally should be able to sort you out.

As far as I know, the celestron eyepiece kit (deal) is only available mail order from a limited selection of US suppliers, and it's quite difficult to get hold of! (This is the kit that you can only buy when you buy a Celestron scope at the same time, but some dealers are also offering it on its own)

John.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds