Jackets

• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
20 years 3 months ago #1916 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Jackets
Enough people seem to be interested that we should probably go ahead with this.

Now the fun begins. What colour, or colours, should the jackets be? Which IFAS logo, Bart's or David's, should we use? Incidentally both are viewable in the files section. Personally I'd like to see the IFAS logo on one side, and club logos, or just names, on the other.

One company sent brochures to the school today. They do waterproof, fleece lines jackets for EURO 29. The bad news is that price is given to a minimum order of 200. I'm sure we could rustle up 200 interested parties between all the clubs. I'll get in touch with that company just to sound things out, but if anyone else has a suggestion ...

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #1923 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: Jackets
Don't know what this will do to the price but. Black with the logos as suggested by shane and how about on the back the plough and polaris rather than having a plain back. Just a suggestion :wink:

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

More
20 years 3 months ago #1929 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Jackets

What colour, or colours, should the jackets be?

Black. Or dark purple or some other morbid dark colour that I would wear.

Which IFAS logo, Bart's or David's, should we use? Incidentally both are viewable in the files section. Personally I'd like to see the IFAS logo on one side, and club logos, or just names, on the other.

I think barts would come out best on a fleece, clearer and less colours than the crab logo. As for clubs names, that will start getting expensive, and possibly out of date as more clubs start joining.

The bad news is that price is given to a minimum order of 200. I'm sure we could rustle up 200 interested parties between all the clubs.

Perhaps the A&S shop will sell them for you? ;-)

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
20 years 3 months ago #1943 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Jackets
Black goes with everything!!!

Also just about all the Logos I've seen for the various clubs are designed to be viewed on a black back ground!

200 is a LOT of jackets. I would be able to shift about 20 max here for Astro2 and I doubt that other local clubs will shift many more, perhapots the IAS and the IAA might be able to shift more but 200 still seems like a lot.

I like the idea of the club logos going on one side and the IFAS logo on the other. We did someithng similar for the fleeces we got done here a few years ago where we put the University logo on one side and our logo on the other. I would advise we user my IFAS Logo because it is much simpler and hence easier and cheaper to put onto the jackets.

As for the plough on the back .... I am not so keen on that, seem just a bit naff to me!

Bart B.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
20 years 3 months ago #1950 by finnjim2001
As for the plough on the back .... I am not so keen on that, seem just a bit naff to me!

Just one of the many random often surreal thoughts that regularly invade my mind from sources unknown

Somedays you're the dog,

More
20 years 3 months ago #1951 by finnjim2001

Just one of the many random often surreal thoughts that regularly invade my mind from sources unknown

Somedays you're the dog,

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds