K-Tec

Warning to the user bradguth-gasa-ieis

More
19 years 10 months ago #2987 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Warning to the user bradguth-gasa-ieis

"albertw" the thread locking wizard on behalf of "Brian O'Halloran" has struck again. Just as well because absolutely nothing from the likes of Brian O'Halloran offers humanity any hope whatsoever.

... their thread locking master "albertw" will terminate the topic, thus terminating the topic edit function.

BTW; the only folks objecting to the discovery of other life elsewhere are the sorts of folks that don't really have all that much to offer life here on Earth ... some of the irishastronomy folks may not be fully integrated into the borg collective

Congratulations Brad, you've just insulted and alienated all of the posters to irishastronomy.org AND irishastronomy.com in one fell swoop. You've insulted our most frequent poster and made allegations regarding his professionalism as well as the character of Brian O'Halloran. You have implied that any who dare to disagree with you somehow don't have much to offer the world. F**k you Brad. How dare you assume to know me, what I think, what I feel and what I have given or can give to the world? How dare you judge me?

What is a "borg"? Would I be correct in assuming that you are using Star Trek analogies to describe people? Way to mark your card Brad. Do you have all the dvd collections? Like listening to the commentary? Can you speak Klingon? Like to dress up as a Vulcan and fantasise about 7 of 9? Do you get out much? Is there something missing in YOUR life? I find my wonder and my joy every day. I don't need dreams of conquering a distant planet to fulfill myself.

This is supposed to be a topic on Venus, not a place for your rants and diatribes. Your message is a waste of space, as is this reply. I hope both get deleted, and I trust Al will do so, as it is his role as moderator here to ensure people don't have to trawl through crap like this. I've posted my last reply to you Brad. Don't you dare judge me. Don't you dare sit in your swivel chair and look down your nose at us.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #2990 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Warning to the user bradguth-gasa-ieis

BTW; the only folks objecting to the discovery of other life elsewhere are the sorts of folks that don't really have all that much to offer life here on Earth, and wouldn't have changed the past even if they could, thus the notion of allowing others to formulate an improved future becomes the ultimate threat to their existence. And that's really too bad because, some of the irishastronomy folks may not be fully integrated into the borg collective, although I do believe time is running out.

Again, referring to my post further up, why are we still entertaining this chap?

He gives us his opinions on Venus, we give him ours...

He is right, we are wrong....

He's a w***er, we are not...

:)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 10 months ago #2991 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Re: Warning to the user bradguth-gasa-ieis
I know I said I wouldn't respond again publically to Brad, but that after that last post of his I feel I must make a brief (!) comment or two.

First of all - I asked some simple questions of you Brad, and all we got in return was a vicious verbal assault on the motivations and professional integrity of both Al and myself. As I said, I'm not a planetary astronomer (I work in extragalactic stuff), but I'm just stating scientific, peer-reviewed hard facts about Venus. Like or not Brad, that's the way it is. None of your theories will stand up in the light of scrutiny - and it's a poor reflection on you that you feel you must stoop to such an infantile level of behaviour when challenged on them. Indeed, other message boards have been subjected to abuse by you in the past, as a simple Google search for your name will testify. And "peer review standards" are those of the general scientific community, not something that's made up to persecute you. I take it then by your vitriol that your submissions to professional journals were rejected?

I am no 'Borg' - I can perfectly make up my own mind regarding the validity of scientific theories, just because I don't agree with you does not make me or anyone else here an automaton. If you feel no longer welcome here, well, good riddance if you can't behave yourself and observe the rules both here and on the .com site. If you do decide to go, I rather suspect everyone here would bid you a rather less than fond farewell.

Brian

P.S. I have plenty to offer life here on Earth, not that my affairs are any of your business anyway! Goodbye Brad, it certainly was an experience knowing you.....

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 10 months ago #2998 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Warning to the user bradguth-gasa-ieis
Right, enough is enough!

Brad, you have NOT complied with my request above. You continue to insult our users with both targeted and un-targetd insults. You have accused me of partaking in some mad conspiracey to silence you and you have insulted the moderators who help keep this place going.

You were given a fair chance to behance in a civilized way and given a fair chance to air your opinions. You aried tem, people dissagreed so you insulted them. That is NOT acceptable. You accuse everyone who dissagees with you of being brain whashed while trying ot brain wash us all into thinking your way!

Enough is enough. You now have the VERY dubious honour of being the first ever user bannedfrom the IFAS site. However, your posts will NOT be deleted because contrary to what you claim this site DOES support free speach and will continue to do so.

Bart B.,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 10 months ago #3007 by ei5fk
Replied by ei5fk on topic No More Twaddle
Thank God
No more drivel or at least we live in hope
Charles

More
19 years 10 months ago #3013 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Warning to the user bradguth-gasa-ieis
Thank the gods !!
I'm not from Cork, but if I was, I'd call him a Lan..r

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds