K-Tec

Noctilucent clouds visible Now !

More
19 years 10 months ago #3502 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Noctilucent clouds visible Now !
Why not... but will this be down to PM's? Is it tricky to start posting mobile numbers on this site publicly?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #3503 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Noctilucent clouds visible Now !
hi Ronan,

got a few snaps of the Thursday display with the digital camera but they were not bright enough to be well recorded so I haven't posted any picture up -- will bring the camera next weekend when we meet up. Mind you, I'm still trying to master the camera so I may have not set the right exposure details.

driving back from Armagh last night I saw a lovely bundle of anti-solar crepuscular rays tapering towards the south-EASTern horizon -- these are where the rays you see from the setting sun may be splayed right across the sky and converge on the anti-solar point (i.e. opposite point in the sky to the sun). A certain amount of haziness in the atmosphere enhances their visibility. The rays are parallel to each other but perspective makes them appear to come together again. It was hard keep a prolonged watch on them doing 70mph on the M1 :)

John

More
19 years 10 months ago #3504 by Eugene Burke
Replied by Eugene Burke on topic Re: Noctilucent clouds visible Now !
I noticed alot of blue and white "GLOW" in the sky tonight coming from the direction of Thurles,quite a few stars shone there today!!!!
PS Count me in on the phone link.
Suggestion re same . A simcard can be bought for c.15 Euro in Extravision which will enable you to group text for free, will confirm details and post.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds