K-Tec

Perseid Night

More
19 years 9 months ago #3597 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Perseid Night

Well Seanie whats the story??

Jeeze, the pressure Ronan, the pressure!! :lol:

TAS is having a Bar-B-Q at our Observatory in Clonminch on the Saturday Night 14th. It won't be a major public event, but all members are invited. We will have telescopes and Sean McKenna's Radio Telescope up and running. I know its off maximum, but about 20-30 meteors per hour can still be expected.
For this, we are having a site clean-up day this Saturday 10th. Strimmers, saws, hedge clippers, work gloves, overalls, a packed lunch, maybe a camera, and lots of elbow grease are all thats needed. Even if it rains, still come. Totally voluntary of course, but some people are coming from afar to help (Michael O'C from Kilkenny, David Daly from Kinnegad, myself from Tyrrellspass) - so come out if you want to help!

Unofficially, on the Thursday night we will gather out at the site. Well, I am anyway, and I'm trying to drag whoever wants to come to do so.

Have I missed anything Ronan?? :P

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #3599 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Perseid Night

It won't be a major public event, but all members are invited.

honourary membership for the night? :)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• galwayskywatchers
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 9 months ago #3600 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Perseid Night
Sounds great, yes would love to make the trip up!

More
19 years 9 months ago #3601 by Seanie_Morris

honourary membership for the night? :)

Not really, but you should feel honoured! :P

Sounds great, yes would love to make the trip up!

Ronan, you are more than welcome to attend, as anybody else reading this really is too. This simple bar-b-q and observing night will by no means be an exclusive event! AND, if weather permits, we encourage anyone who wants to camp over on the site. Its been done before - just ask Mr. Flannery!

:D

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
19 years 9 months ago #3609 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Perseid Night
Hi Seanie,
We wont be having anything down here on the saturday night, so would it be ok if we also came along, I might persude a few more to come also, weather depending ?!?!?

We'll probabily stay up all Thursday night it its clear, you need to be a fanatic in this sport to get what you want :wink:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 9 months ago #3613 by Seanie_Morris

Hi Seanie,
We wont be having anything down here on the saturday night, so would it be ok if we also came along, I might persude a few more to come also, weather depending ?!?!?

We'll probabily stay up all Thursday night it its clear, you need to be a fanatic in this sport to get what you want :wink:

On the Saturday night Dave? Of course! Weather permitting of course. To the best of my knowledge, since 1992, only 3 meteor watches were a wash-out. So statistically, it looks good.
Bring camping gear if you want. Stay in a B&B... sure, if I pass the word around, perhaps some of us can make room for visitors.

Send me an email (anyone reading this) if you want to some, so I have contact details... I promise, no spam or regular useless email alerts! :P

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds