K-Tec

Just curious - how do you connect to the internet?

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 9 months ago #3744 by voyager
I got 1MB broad band from Digi-web and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Instead of giving us a month up front they gave us 200 Euro credit on our account.

Within 2 days of placing the order the line was activated and thenext day the modem arrived.

If you really want to go mad they also do 2MB broad band which is 4 times faster than Eircom/Esat broad band (512KB).

Have a look at Digiweb's prices, you might be pleasantly surprised:

dsl.digiweb.ie/

They give 3 months free on thier Home Jet package. (I got thier BizJet Enhanced package)

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #3745 by ctr

Hi All,
Surely most of you have heard adds on the radio regarding the esat bt broadband 3 month trial, Im going for it, you can ditch it at the end with no catches, unlike the eircom offer.

I got it and installation was simple. Service OK for my needs and only 10 Euro more than Anytime. It costs 90 Euro for the connection fee if you take up the offer but as I connected it :?:

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
19 years 9 months ago #3762 by dave_lillis
A 2 meg line, that would be for downloading DVDs off the web etc ???
What else would you do with it,
To be honest, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the 512KB link :wink: kazza here I come.... :D :D

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• voyager
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 9 months ago #3763 by voyager

A 2 meg line, that would be for downloading DVDs off the web etc ???
What else would you do with it,
To be honest, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the 512KB link :wink: kazza here I come.... :D :D

As sad as it sounds I actually use my 1meg line for ligitimate reasons, haven;t downloaded a single illegal MP3!

Mind you, in my case there are 5 nerds sharing the 1meg line, if it were just me I would have been happy with just 512KB!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
19 years 9 months ago #3768 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Just curious - how do you connect to the internet?
Guys, I'll take the 2 Meg lines you don't want down here in the paltry midlands... as you know, my half-profession could really use a good hi-speed connection! My devils advocate? Bearshare!

:twisted:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 9 months ago #3829 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Re: Just curious - how do you connect to the internet?
Hi guys.

3 MB download, 256kB/s upload on digitial cable at home: way, way faster on my link at work ;) I'll never go back to dialup again ;)

Clear skies.

Brian

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds