K-Tec

lidl wireless weather station

More
19 years 7 months ago #4757 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: lidl wireless weather station

Have a read of this from the Lidl website:

www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20040920.p.Weather

Looks to be very good value. Must try and find the nearest Lidl store and pay a visit.

Michael

I got the one on the far right about a year ago and I can tell you it cost me way more then 15 euros, more like 30, the humidity sensor is very usefull.
Larry Lart was only saying on Saturday that he wanted something like one of these, they must have heard him. :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #4761 by Eugene Burke
Replied by Eugene Burke on topic Re: lidl wireless weather station
Hi Guys
Just bought one this pm looks good 3 types only does internal humidity but I'm sure if you put it out on afine night observing it would work ok.
It also reads air pressure and calculates its forecast from that,has a clock alarm etc.
Only one warning !!! READ INSTRUCTIONS FIRST as once you install batteries into the main unit you have TWO MINUTES to install the 3v batteryin the transmitting unit.
Other than that everything seems ok. :D

More
19 years 7 months ago #4767 by gnason
Replied by gnason on topic Re: lidl wireless weather station

I'm thinking this may be due to stock availability. They also plan on doing the same with their laptop. This is due to go on sale for Stg999 but only in Wales and surrounding counties.Michael

Michael,

I don't know the spec for the Lidl laptop but there are good deals available here without spending €1500 (£999). The Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop is €819 or €999 with larger screen and the Inspiron 5160 looks very good value at €1239.

More
19 years 7 months ago #4771 by spaceboy
Replied by spaceboy on topic Re: lidl wireless weather station
I bought two weatherstations in lidl yesterday, one for the house and one for the observatory. Not bad for €14.99, only gripe though is that it does not display wind speed and direction.

Also lidl in the Blanchardstown Shopping centre still have loads of the digital compass that they had on offer last week.

Spaceboy

More
19 years 7 months ago #4772 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: lidl wireless weather station
I just popped into Lidl in Portlaoise where I bought two also.
They are sold out in the Newbridge store but Portlaoise have about 20-25 remaining. There are several different models but they all apperar to do the same thing. I compared the technical bumff on each and could tell no difference.
For €14.99 each it's excellent value. A similar version elsewhere would cost multiples of the price I reckon. I wonder could we convince them to stock meade and Celestron scopes :idea: :wink:

Michael

More
19 years 7 months ago #4775 by larrylart
Replied by larrylart on topic Re: lidl wireless weather station
:) It looks ok for the price. Can you fetch data directly in your computer from it?
Else I was looking at Davis Wireless Vantage Pro (or pro plus) with wind speed direction sensor and capabilities of connection to a pc. My intention is to provide a real-time (update every minute) weather clock via web. And I also want to do some comparative behavioural studies between weather and background radiation levels.

Larry

_______
larryo.org

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds