active showers highlighted in yellow - provided the visiting computer has
its date set correctly.

I would appreciate bug reports if anyone is using a browser other than IE

Sky Router is at www.iol.ie/~pkcurran/index.shtml

Thanks for your time

Pat Curran
Co. Kilkenny, SE Ireland [52.4369°N 6.9761°W - 80M]
[ www.iol.ie/~pkcurran ] [ pkcurran@iol.ie ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 8 months ago #509 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Sky Router Enhanced
Hi Patrick,

Very good site. Lost of very usefull stuff there. I have book marked it and will make good use of it in the future!

I have tested the meteor page in Mozilla on Windows and you'll be happy to hear it works perfectly.

I must say the meteor page is a nice bit of Java Scripting. The only slight downside to doing the calculations on the client side is that it takes the date from their machine and requires them to have JS enabled but that can't be helped! Should you ever feel like developing a server side version to get around these minor issues I would be delighted to give you an account on this server where you would have database access, php and perl.

Bart B.,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• Patrick Curran
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
20 years 8 months ago #510 by Patrick Curran
Replied by Patrick Curran on topic Re: Sky Router Enhanced
Hi Bart,
Thanks for the offer of server space; a few years back, my ISP, IOL was looking for something like £500/year for access to their Server Side stuff - no thank you - I bought some good books on JavaScript instead. :lol:

Michael O' Connell was on to me a while back this evening wondering if there are any astronomy clubs in Kilkenny. As far as I know there are none at present.

If anyone else is from the South East and interested in forming a club, perhaps they might contact Michael or myself.

Thanks again Bart

Pat Curran
Co. Kilkenny, SE Ireland [52.4369°N 6.9761°W - 80M]
[ www.iol.ie/~pkcurran ] [ pkcurran@iol.ie ]

More
20 years 8 months ago #511 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Sky Router Enhanced

Hi Bart,
Thanks for the offer of server space; a few years back, my ISP, IOL was looking for something like £500/year for access to their Server Side stuff - no thank you - I bought some good books on JavaScript instead. :lol:

I know EXACTLY what you mean ... I did exact the same for years. I still use an awfull lot of client side scripting (makes sites more scalable and stops the server getting over taxed). I can and regularly do implement advances OO programing techniques in JS such as Inheritance and poly morphism to create really powerfull objects with JS (the menu system for this site is a good example).
I did every thing on the client side untill the IT society gave me free hosting with full server side utils when I joined them. There are a lot of things that can be done really well on the client side but many tihngs require server side processing. IT also allows you to build really scalable database driven sites, something you could never do on the client side. I now have my own domain hosted with server side access for 5 Euro a month! There are other alternatives to the rediculous prices charged by Eircom and IOL!

Michael O' Connell was on to me a while back this evening wondering if there are any astronomy clubs in Kilkenny. As far as I know there are none at present.

If anyone else is from the South East and interested in forming a club, perhaps they might contact Michael or myself.

Thanks again Bart

The clostest clubs to you guys would be SAC (Shannon Side Astronomy Club) and TAS (Tulamore Astronomical Society).

If you want to try set up a club my advice would be to start a thread on either the "General" or "Club Matters" boards on this site and see if we have any other members from your neck of the woods.

Bart B.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
20 years 8 months ago #515 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Sky Router Enhanced

voyager wrote:

Thanks again Bart

The clostest clubs to you guys would be SAC (Shannon Side Astronomy Club) and TAS (Tulamore Astronomical Society).

If you want to try set up a club my advice would be to start a thread on either the "General" or "Club Matters" boards on this site and see if we have any other members from your neck of the woods.

Bart B.

There are some folks who posted to the IAS list from wexford not long ago who were starting up a group. I'll try and dig up the name. Possibly a bit close than tullamore.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
20 years 8 months ago #517 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Sky Router Enhanced

I have tested the meteor page in Mozilla on Windows and you'll be happy to hear it works perfectly.

Works fine on Mozilla 1.2.1 on Solaris 9 as well.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds