• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 6 months ago #5220 by michaeloconnell
TAS Calender was created by michaeloconnell
Dear All,

TAS are considering launching a club 2005 calender this Christmas with the obvious theme being Local Astronomy. It is envisaged that the calender will be A3 page format for each month divided into 2 A4 parts - one for an astrophoto for all the top half, and the bottom half for the calendar month itself, with a note about who took the picture and what it is about, maybe an outrageous astronomy fact or doodle, lines/space at the bottom for notes and reminders, and days within the calendar marked with legends (full moon, meteor shower maximum etc etc).

The calenders will be professionally printed on high-quality paper by a printing company, with the pictures and cover being full colour. Depending on cost, the calendar months may be in black and white.

We would like people to consider helping TAS by submitting their favourite astrophoto or astrodrawing. Full credits will be given on the calender to the astrophotographer for their hard work. It is hoped that the images will cover a broad range of astronomical topics and a broad range of photograhic equipment (i.e. it's not just for those with high-end astrophoto equipment). As stated above, astronomically-themed art will also be accepted.

It is hoped the calender will retail for approx 10euro (depending on printing costs). Please be aware that we cannot pay large sums of money for works submitted - it is mainly in the interest of raising the club profile. All proceeds raised, if any, will of course be purely minimum due to costs involved. With luck, if successful, it could snowball into an annual thing. That is why we are looking for people who would not mind giving us their picture ONLY for this little venture. You will not see it anywhere else, and we would certainly not use it again without the owners permission!

Firstly, TAS would like to know if people here are interested in taking part in this scheme of ours?

Secondly, would anyone (outside of TAS) be intersted in purchasing them?

Think of it like the calendars sold by Armagh Planetarium over the years, only this one will have purely original pictures taken by Irish amateur astronomers.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5221 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS Calender
Well done Mike, and good post.

Indeed folks, we are thinking of giving this a go. A plan, or template is already being drawn up, so we just need the material to add in.

Any help, thoughts, and feedback would be appreciated (post it here).

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5231 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: TAS Calender
Guys,
Your best bet would to have it ready for the connacht star party, its probabily at the star parties where it will take off ??

As for pics, you know whats on the SAc website from me, anything you want you can have.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 6 months ago #5233 by John C McConnell
Replied by John C McConnell on topic Re: TAS Calender
Hi Michael,
does this include folk from clubs all over Ireland?
Regards,
Johnmc.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5234 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: TAS Calender

Hi Michael,
does this include folk from clubs all over Ireland?
Regards,
Johnmc.

[speaking for Michael, I guess...]

John,

It does indeed. There is no location restriction actually! Just that most who view these boards and would see this post are from Ireland!

Anyone who like to help, is most welcome!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 6 months ago #5237 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: TAS Calender
Just to confirm...

John,

We'd welcome images/art from anyone. We're keen to show off the great work that amateur astronomers can produce and we'd greatly appreciate submissions from anyone who'd be willing to submit their work. The person would be properly credited and the image would only appear in the calender unless otherwsie agreed with that person. As stated previously we're keen to cover a broad range of astronomical topics so as to show the diverse nature of the hobby.
If people wish to submit images, they may do so several ways:
1) Load them up to the site here in this post
2) Send me a PM (private message) with the image attached
3) Send me an e-mail
michaeloconnell78@yahoo.co.uk
or
4) Post it to my home address either in soft or hard copy. Please contact me via PM or e-mail for my address details if you wish to go this route.

Clear skies,

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds