Fate of the yahoo group

• Rowan of Ravara
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
20 years 11 months ago #57 by Rowan of Ravara
Fate of the yahoo group was created by Rowan of Ravara
Do you want me to delete the yahoo group in the fullness of time or is it felt that it should be continued for certain functions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 11 months ago #58 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Fate of the yahoo group

Do you want me to delete the yahoo group in the fullness of time or is it felt that it should be continued for certain functions?

As this site develops all the funcitons that the yahoo group provides will be provided here so there will be no need to keep it.

As well as the Bulliten Boards there will also be anouncement mailing lists run from here and a place to upload files etc.

For full details of what is planned for this site see www.irishastronomy.org/IFASPortalProposal.pdf

I hope to have all this implemented by the end of September.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
20 years 11 months ago #60 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Fate of the yahoo group

As this site develops all the funcitons that the yahoo group provides will be provided here so there will be no need to keep it.

Hmmm... I think it would be worth keeping the yahoogroup just for the mail archives in there. Or at least copy all the messsages from there to somewhere here. I agree that it should not be used as a fourm anymore once this site it fully up and running.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
20 years 11 months ago #64 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Fate of the yahoo group

Hmmm... I think it would be worth keeping the yahoogroup just for the mail archives in there. Or at least copy all the messsages from there to somewhere here. I agree that it should not be used as a fourm anymore once this site it fully up and running.

Cheers,
~Al

Hmmm ... hadn't thought of that. I wonder if it is possible to export the content of a yahoo group some how. If not then I guess I should keep the yahoo group open but perhads dissable posts by members.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
20 years 11 months ago #99 by Paul Tipper
Replied by Paul Tipper on topic Re: Fate of the yahoo group

Cheers,
~Al

On the other hand, the new bulletin board is infinitely better in terms of appearance and usability than the yahoo group, so we don't want to encourage any further use of the latter. Most of us have the mail transcripts of the yahoo traffic anyway, so I'd say you could shut it down after about a month or so (possibly sooner)?

Paul Tipper,
South Dublin Astro. Soc.

• Rowan of Ravara
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
20 years 11 months ago #116 by Rowan of Ravara
Replied by Rowan of Ravara on topic Emale
Forgive me if this is delt with elsewhere, but can you post here and recieve messages via e-mail alone?

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds