Lidl "Computer Telescope" forum

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
19 years 5 months ago #6013 by albertw
Hello and welcome,

If you purchased a "Computer Telescope", better known outside of supermarkets as the ETX-70, this is the place to come for support, advice and general discussion about the scope. So if you have problems setting up the scope or using it feel free to post questions here.

Even if you have got the scope working perfectly you may be interested in looking at our freely downloadable observing handbooks at
www.irishastronomy.org/observers/challenges
The Novice and Binocular ones are the best to star off with. Also check out our freely downloadable bimonthly magazine at www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/viewFiles.php?folder_id=3

This service is being ran by members of astronomy clubs around the country and is not connected to lidl. For any queries regarding warranty or returns etc. etc. please contact lidl directly.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #6021 by Cathy
I got one in the end up :)
We went and queued at the Galway Lidl, but just as I was reaching for the last one, some old lady took it... I'd given up all hope of getting one but five minutes ago my father rang me to tell me he's tracked one down in Donegal :)

More
19 years 5 months ago #6022 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: Lidl "Computer Telescope" forum
Picked one up in Athlone at 10:00am :D
- still 5 left after me. :shock:

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

More
19 years 5 months ago #6024 by John OBrien
Replied by John OBrien on topic Re: Lidl "Computer Telescope" forum
Bummed... :cry: :cry: :cry:

They were sold out in Newbridge by the time I got there - 9.10am. I was ready to mug the guy with 2 etx's in his trolly that said to hang around for more - there were no more, that was it, nada. 50 miles and all I've got is 10 cans of tuna and a bar of chocolate.

:evil:

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
19 years 5 months ago #6026 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Lidl "Computer Telescope" forum

Picked one up in Athlone at 10:00am :D

mutter mutter... I was in coolock at 8am and was still second only second in the queue...

So having just unwrapped everything...

It is a Meade branded ETX-70AT batteries included, complete with quality assurance final inspection marks and 5 year warranty from Meade Germany. The scope fits together fine, the autostar can direct and track the scope. Obviously I havent tried alignment yet.

In the box:
ETX-70AT
Manual
Small rucksack (Meade Branded)
Tripod
Autostar
Batteries
#933 45degree erecting prism, and it is actually a glass prism and not a mirror.
#128 3x telenegative barlow. I think this is whats known as the meade 3x `shorty` barlow.
3 eyepieces: 20,12 & 4mm. They are labelled "Multi coated Meade MA25mm".
Software: Appears to be just cartes du ciel. but I havent looked yet.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 5 months ago #6029 by eclipsedan
Replied by eclipsedan on topic Re: Lidl "Computer Telescope" forum
I was in BallyOwen, Lucan at 9am and picked up the last ETX70 in a mad scramble.

I really like the Meade rucksack. It doubles quite nicely as a good camera bag.

Lots and lots of Skylux-es where I was. Sorry to hear your plight John. I hope you picked one of them up. They're exceptional value for €60. Great optics and very reasonable views (for its size) if you have a good eyepiece to use.

Both of them (ETX70 & Skylux) are coming with me to the Sahara for TSE2006. Which is best to photograph through using prime, and which is best to look through?

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds