USA Tour and Star Hill Inn visit

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 4 months ago #7188 by dmcdona
USA Tour and Star Hill Inn visit was created by dmcdona
Folks, we are back a week and a half now and I've finally got to finish my 'Dear Diary' piece on our trip the USA.

We saw Meteor Crater, Lowell Observatory and spent three amazing nights in the Star Hill Inn observatory in new Mexico.

If you want to find out more about the exploits of an ETX-70 getting through customs, a close shave with immigration and how you can see sights you never dreamed of, then pop on over to the files sections and take a read of the Word document.

I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Dave

www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...030-Dear%20Diary.doc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wallymee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 4 months ago #7195 by Wallymee
Replied by Wallymee on topic Re: USA Tour and Star Hill Inn visit
I really enjoyed reading your diary and it sounded great.

I noted what you said about Phil being interested in coming to Ireland. Woudn't it be some coup if either Whirlpool, Cosmos or Galway managed to get him to give a talk.

More
19 years 4 months ago #7198 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: USA Tour and Star Hill Inn visit
Excellent write-up there Dave, really enjoyed reading it.

Loved this bit...

The food hall alone was the size of Liffey valley. And as for customer service. No sign of anyone saying “Wa?”

:lol: :lol:

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 4 months ago #7200 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: USA Tour and Star Hill Inn visit
Customer service is what the US folks do best. That's why I really enjoy going there. I know that there are preconceptions about Americans but in my travels over there I have learned that they are essentially no different from us. Except the customer service bit!

I'm sure Phil would be more than capable of giving a talk if he was asked very nicely. But I think his holiday would be that - a holiday. Still, there's no reason to suspect he wouldn't agree to perhaps an hour's lecture. And I'm sure the relevent gathering would look after him!

Personally, I think Phil would be a mine of information on prctical hands on astronomy. Anyone who can run and manage the number of scopes and cameras he has, up to the 24" Richey Chretien, must know a thing or two!

Thanks for the feedback - I hope more folks here get at least a bit of a laugh out of the diary!

All the best

Dave

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds