Record number of members online!

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 4 months ago #7322 by Seanie_Morris
Record number of members online! was created by Seanie_Morris
Right now, according to the database, there are 26 people surfing IFAS! And just before I came on, there were 36! Must be a record... or a mistake!

:)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #7327 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Record number of members online!
Interesting...

There is a possibility that this is an attempt to hack the forum based on the security alert sent out a couple of weeks back. Bart already applied the security fixes so we should be ok. The only issue is that the traffic to the site may cause problems. There does not appear to be any adverse effect on the site at present, and unless the situation changes I'm going to leave any actions to Bart.

I'll be keeping a close eye on things, and on the forum developers site, but if anyone notices any strange behaviour of the board please let me know at albert.white@gmail.com.

Of course, I will claim that we are just really popular! Before this influx of guests, we had already had the highest hits in a month to date.

Cheers,
~Al (temporary admin)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 4 months ago #7328 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Record number of members online!

Interesting...

There is a possibility that this is an attempt to hack the forum based on the security alert sent out a couple of weeks back. Bart already applied the security fixes so we should be ok. The only issue is that the traffic to the site may cause problems. There does not appear to be any adverse effect on the site at present, and unless the situation changes I'm going to leave any actions to Bart.

I'll be keeping a close eye on things, and on the forum developers site, but if anyone notices any strange behaviour of the board please let me know at albert.white@gmail.com.

Of course, I will claim that we are just really popular! Before this influx of guests, we had already had the highest hits in a month to date.

Cheers,
~Al (temporary admin)

albert,
it is up to 42 guests now.
stephen.

More
19 years 4 months ago #7338 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Record number of members online!
It's reading me and 33 guests at the moment. Boy are we popular!

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
19 years 4 months ago #7339 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Record number of members online!
39!

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
19 years 4 months ago #7341 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Record number of members online!
I was contacted by someone in Sweden about linking to the Observing Challenges . . . that might be the reason for the high traffic. Will post a little more about this once I get back home this weekend.

John

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds