K-Tec

January Magazines

More
19 years 4 months ago #7943 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Re: January Magazines
Shane,
I have the walllplanner from Astronomy Now. It's only A3 size btw.
I will give it to Michael O'Connell for you on Sat eve.

Johnno

Kildare Astronomy Society
www.kildareastronomy.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #7959 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: January Magazines

I emailed S&T this morning and they came back and said that as I didn't receive it they would send me another.

I had a similar problem with the Dec/2004 issue and which arrived a week ago. It is quite frustrating when issues fail to arrive on time. My S&T comes around five weeks from the date on the cover. If a week passes and I still have not received my issue, it is almost certain I will not receive it?!

As for Astronomy Magazine, it is all over the board. At times I get it a month before the cover date and other times I get it a few days before the cover date. For example, my Feb/2005 issue is already two weeks late.

As for Astronomy Now, it is always here on time and a month before the cover date.

When I replied to them and said there were a number of other people I knew who didn't receive theirs they said they would get on to the distribution centre.

I was told something similar when a few other local fellow amateurs had failed to receive a particular issue as well.

I really hope they follow-up on their promises to check the distribution center.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
19 years 4 months ago #7963 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: January Magazines
Unfortunately this has happened to me around three or four times before. Anna Tanner at the S&T customer service desk has always been very prompt to mail a replacement copy out. I've noticed that my issue arrives before that particular issue cover ends up on their web page, so if I see a cover I don't recognise, I know they're late.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

• Wallymee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 3 months ago #8160 by Wallymee
Replied by Wallymee on topic Re: January Magazines
My replacement copy of S&T arrived today. Can't say they aren't promt though with the replacement.

More
19 years 3 months ago #8164 by JohnONeill
Replied by JohnONeill on topic Sky & Telescope etc
My copy of the February S&T arrived today (17th Jan).

The January AN was in Reids Store (Nassau St., Dublin) before Xmas. I too, get it for the Wall Planner, but the info contained in it is nothing to write home about. You be better off with Sky-High 2005 (which is due back from the printer very soon). An announcement will
be made here and on the IAS web site www.irishastrosoc.org
John

• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
19 years 3 months ago #8183 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Sky & Telescope etc

You be better off with Sky-High 2005 (which is due back from the printer very soon). An announcement will
be made here and on the IAS web site www.irishastrosoc.org
John

I don't know John. Now that John Flannery isn't doing it I don't think that it will be as good, but I'll still give it a go to see.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds