K-Tec

Trying to contact Televue. Any suggestions?

• EPK
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
14 years 5 months ago #82075 by EPK
I lost the fold-down eyecup on my Televue 27mm Panoptic, and all attempts to get a replacement have been useless.
None of the dealers stock them, and trying to contact televue themselves doesn't seem possible.
Unbelievably for such an important company they don't have any contact email address or point of contact, only a telephone number in the US, which I may end up having to use.
I was given the email address of Steve White, supposedly a US Televue rep who can contact them, but without any response.
Anyone ever managed to get them, or any suggestions on how to do so...or how to get a replacement eyecup?

Meade 16" Lightbridge
Tal 6" Newtonian
Meade LXD75 6" Newtonian
Tal 4" Refractor
Panoptic and Nagler eyepieces.
Attitude and Smartassery

For forever and a day I shall chase that white whale - Captain Ahab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #82076 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re:Trying to contact Televue. Any suggestions?
Reading the above brings a huge smile to my face since it is something which I have experienced myself down to the smallest detail.

TeleVue does NOT have an email address on purpose. I spoke with Al Nagler when he was in Athens last year and I specifically expressed the above frustration and his reply was that he wants to maintain "personal contact" with all of his customers and, hence, for the phone being the only means of communication.

He also mentioned to me that an email address was indeed available at some point in the past but it proved problematic since messages would be going back and forth with some information and detail being lost at some point in the thread which would complicate matters unnecessarily. In his opinion, a phone call will solve any problem within minutes.

I mentioned that the time difference (ex. with Europeans) is also a problem. He shrugged his shoulders.

As for Steve White, he used to be the first point of contact BUT he is no longer with TeleVue and, as such, your experience on this front is not unusual.

My saving grace was a similar posting I made on CN (I think?) and where I was informed the new North American manager is/was John Rhodes and whose alias on CN is "Tigerider".

If you have a CN account, he is your best (only) bet. If you do not have a CN account, please let me know and I will see what I can do.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

• EPK
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
14 years 5 months ago #82096 by EPK
No, Tony, I don't have a CN account although I read it regularly.
I'll try phoning and see how that goes, but American phone operators can be difficult.: blink:

Meade 16" Lightbridge
Tal 6" Newtonian
Meade LXD75 6" Newtonian
Tal 4" Refractor
Attitude and Smartassery

More
14 years 5 months ago #82115 by ayiomamitis
If things do not work out, please let me know since I think I found the personal webpage that John Rhodes maintains and which also includes an email address, thus bypassing the need for CN. ;)

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

• EPK
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
14 years 5 months ago #82117 by EPK
Ok, I phoned Televue.
The call was fine, I was quoted a total cost of $17 for what I needed, included P&P, and then was told they only accept International Money Orders.
Al, you might make exceptional eyepieces, but your business practices are a joke.
I'll have to think about it.

Meade 16" Lightbridge
Tal 6" Newtonian
Meade LXD75 6" Newtonian
Tal 4" Refractor
Attitude and Smartassery

More
14 years 5 months ago #82118 by ayiomamitis
In other words, the money order (or iternational cheque cashable in New York) will cost more than the amount due for the component. Yeah, right!

Here in Greece an international money order will cost a minimum of 15 euro!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds