K-Tec

Tsunami Disaster Relief

• Wallymee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 3 months ago #8221 by Wallymee
Tsunami Disaster Relief was created by Wallymee
Just a quick note of congratulations to Shane and the gang in Tullamore for organising the fundraiser for the Tsunami Disaster Relief.

Myself and John Flannery travelled on Saturday 15 January for the Table Quiz in the Heritage Hotel Portlaoise.

A good crowd, a bit of craic, cúpla pionta and a great night was had by all.

I'm told in excess of €650.00 (not exactly sure of the amount and I'm sure Shane will give the exact figure) was collected.

Again well done everybody in TAS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #8223 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Tsunami Disaster Relief

Just a quick note of congratulations to Shane and the gang in Tullamore for organising the fundraiser for the Tsunami Disaster Relief.

Again well done everybody in TAS.

Hi Wally,
for the record, this was organised all on Shane's part! He deserves ALL the credit. Yes, he is a member of TAS, but this was an IFAS event organised by Shane Culleton.

On behalf of TAS, well done Shane!

Incidentally, at TAS's next meeting on Tuesday next, January 25th, we will have an open collection to add towards what Shane & co. raised on Saturday night past. Entry will be €2, but give what you can. Details in the relevant post in Club News.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• Wallymee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 3 months ago #8235 by Wallymee
Replied by Wallymee on topic Tsunami Disaster Relief
All I can say then is well done Shane.

That thing about the €2.00 is a very good idea and we may implement it ourselves at our meeting tomorrow night (kids excluded of course).

More
19 years 3 months ago #8282 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Tsunami Disaster Relief
Thanks for the kind words lads, but really all of the credit has to go to the people who made the effort to come along and support us. It was a good night, and I certainly enjoyed the relaxing few drinks afterwards. I lodged our total amount to the GOAL account today. I'm happy to say that IFAS has donated 780 Euro to the Tsunami Disaster Relief Fund, something that we can all be proud of.

Thanks again lads.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

More
19 years 3 months ago #8293 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Tsunami Disaster Relief
Shane,
TAS will be adding its small contribution next week. We are charging admission in the hopes that those attending Tom Walsh's lecture on Tuesday night will give generously, and it will be added to what you raised at the table quiz.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds