• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
14 years 5 months ago #82223 by lunartic_old
Now I'm Worried was created by lunartic_old
Hi all

Late last month I ordered a Radian eyepiece off Astromart, it was shipped on the 27th October, now it's the 19th November and there's still no sign of it. I ordered a second eyepiece from a different buyer from Astromart, it was shipped on the 12th November and got here on the 17th.

I contacted the seller and he assures me that it was sent, and there's no reason not to believe him. I contacted An Post and they have no record of any parcel or package with my shipping address on it waiting to be delivered.

I contacted the seller again a couple of days back, he said that he would check with the US postal service and as yet I've had no reply.

The amount I'm down at the moment is €120 and I'm concerend that this money is now lost.

Has anyone else expereicned any similar to this? I'm hoping that it's merely delayed in the post somewhere as I don't like to think of the alternative.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #82224 by Rayman
Replied by Rayman on topic Re:Now I'm Worried
Last year I ordered a couple of ipods from a guy supposedly in the UK, turns out that he or at least the ipods were in the US, They took a full month to get here, I had even started proceedings to claim my money back when they arrived.
So hang tight, they might arrive yet, it is worrying though that the latter has arrived. I assume there was no insurance? I didn't insure the ipods either!

Good Luck!

Mark

More
14 years 5 months ago #82227 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re:Now I'm Worried
Paul - with the recent postal strikes in the UK, things may have gotten gummed up so give it a little more time and wait for the seller to check at his end.

If it was sent USPS, there's also the possibilty Customs may be holding the item. I'm not sure how they inform the receiver in these cases (USPS). If its a courier (UPS, FEDex etc), the courier informs you.

Hang tight 'til the end of the month and see what happens. I hope it works out for you.

Dave

More
14 years 5 months ago #82229 by Rayman
Replied by Rayman on topic Re:Now I'm Worried
If you post something in Ireland any bigger than a letter, you will get a receipt (similar to a till receipt) from An Post with a tracking number, This will be regardless of whether or not its insured, surely there must be something similar in the US, ask the seller if he has a receipt of postage.

Mark

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #82230 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:Now I'm Worried
Hi Paul,
This is a pity, have you checked up the rating of the seller ?.
I have bought parts in the US that have taken 4 or so weeks to get here from astromart.
I have an astromart account, if you wish you can pm to me the sellers name/add and I can give my opinion of his ratings.
I never had anything lost on astromart, then again I suppose it's pot luck what happens.
As bad as it might seem, problems in astromart aren't a patch on what happens in ebay.

Dave.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by dave_lillis.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
14 years 5 months ago #82238 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Now I'm Worried
The seller contacted me, he said that it was possible that customs were holding onto it and that it could take 30 days.

The sellers rating are very good and he has generously offered to refund me the cost if it doesn't arrive. I said that we should give it until the end of the month and see what comes out of it.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds