K-Tec

Northern Lights NOW!!!

More
20 years 5 months ago #885 by Rowan of Ravara
Replied by Rowan of Ravara on topic Shim
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I was sitting at my computer all night doing a essay and only checked my email at 1.30am, to be informed of this now non-existant Aurora. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh feck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #888 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Northern Lights NOW!!!
Couldn't see ANYTHING from Maynooth. Not a sausage :cry:

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
20 years 5 months ago #889 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Northern Lights NOW!!!
HI all,
Tullamore was swathed in green and white since shortly after 6:15pm. I got some nice exposures, hope the timing on these are fine and that they turn out (like yours Michael!). When we got back to Kinnegad at 11pm, it was still very actice. When I headed to work in Athboy at 2am, it was STILL very active, but when on my way home at 5am, there was cloud everywhere. Still at least the majorty of the country was lucky to see it. Sorry to hear Maynooth wsas blocked out (again... :( ) Bart. You should move out like I did... THEN you'll see clear skies!

Anyway, cant wait to see everybody's photo's of it.

Lets hope its not long till the next one.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
20 years 5 months ago #890 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Northern Lights NOW!!!
It wasn't that we were clouded out, just that we were under a HUGE think blanket of fog being lit up bright yellow by the sodium street lights. Not a hope in hell of seeing an aroura through that mess :cry:

So far I have only ever seen one weak aroura, why do I always manage to miss them!!!

Bart.

More
20 years 5 months ago #894 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Maynooth and aurorae
Ahem Bart,
I spotted the aurorae fine, no probelm what so ever, and I live up in Castlebridge/Parklands in Maynooth......

More
20 years 5 months ago #895 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Maynooth and aurorae

Ahem Bart,
I spotted the aurorae fine, no probelm what so ever, and I live up in Castlebridge/Parklands in Maynooth......

I tried from Doctors Lane repeatedly and saw nothing! Mind you in Doctors lane we are right in the heart of the town and the brightest street lights are to the North of us and only a fwe feet away.

Bart.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds