K-Tec

Anyone ever carry their equipment with Aer Lingus?

More
11 years 1 month ago #97055 by stang
Hi all,

Heading off to Fuerteventura for ten days over Easter and while the wife gets her sun fix during the day I've decided to bring some of my gear and hopefully get some clear nights.

I was just wondering if anyone ever brought their gear abroad with Aer Lingus and did they let you avail of the sports equipment deal where you pay €30 for the extra bag? I plan to bring the scope in carry on (90mm APO) but my tripod, mount , counter weights etc already come to 20Kg leaving no room for clothes....

You can add extra weight up to an additional 12kg but that's €108 each way!! I know they let you bring a golf bag so was actually considering stuffing my golf bag with my gear!

Anyone with any experience of this before?

Cheers

Gareth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #97057 by Marto
Aer lingus used to allow a golf bag separte to carry on and luggage.
Not sure that's still the case..... pardon the pun

More
11 years 1 month ago #97058 by stang
Yea they still let you carry golf bags for €30 but I just wasn't sure if I'd have to put clubs in it or could I put my tripod in instead!

Gareth

More
11 years 1 month ago #97088 by TrevorDurity
Yep, I carried a megrez 90mm apo in an aluminium case + a large camera bag with mount on Aer Lingus just over a year ago. I just asked them at checkin if it was OK to bring on board as the scope was fragile. Opened the case to show them and they said no problem. Carried both on board as carry on.

No extra charge in this case which was surprising.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds