K-Tec

First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #101378 by stevie
Oh dear

The last time I bought a record was in 1978 ("Some Girls" by the Stones, their last decent record), I've never seen a full episode of the Simpsons and I don't know very much about sport, except for Manchester United (some would say that means I don't know very much about football either).
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by stevie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #101379 by jonathan
Looking forward to the star party,good to know the tetrapod foot prints are open as I have an interest in that area as well,all we need now is clear and warm weather.

• Roy Stewart
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
More
9 years 8 months ago #101380 by Roy Stewart
Replied by Roy Stewart on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014

stevie wrote: Oh dear

The last time I bought a record was in 1978 ("Some Girls" by the Stones, their last decent record), I've never seen a full episode of the Simpsons and I don't know very much about sport, except for Manchester United (some would say that means I don't know very much about football either).

Ah don't worry Stevie..
Just sit there and look pretty
and let your team do the work.

Cheers Roy

#ClearSkies #LunarNut

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

www.twitter.com/Roydeboy33

More
9 years 8 months ago #101384 by KevinSmith
Replied by KevinSmith on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Well Done Roy for sticking with this and making it happen. I have just read the whole thread (took me a while).
After a fair few public observing events Meath Astronomy Group has officially started as a club in August (still yet to join IFAS). As part of the club proposal we have determined that we would like to do some charity type events 'Astronomy for Charity' along with outreach/public and club observing nights. To celebrate our 5 day anniversary : ) may I suggest that I bring a BBQ and make some homemade pork sausages which I will donate and cook either on the Friday evening before dark or on the Saturday evening. We would then charge a small fee for sausage rolls for those who are interested in dinner and the proceeds go to Barnardos? Hopefully this becomes an annual event and maybe a charity BBQ can become a tradition. For those who want to bring their own meat they would be more than welcome to share my fire. ps. I have already checked with mademoiselle Freda and she is happy for me to bring a BBQ as the last one she had blew away in the last storm! (touch wood). :scope:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Roy Stewart

• Roy Stewart
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #101385 by Roy Stewart
Replied by Roy Stewart on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Hi Kevin..

First let me start by congratulating you
guys from the Meath Astronomy Club
for yer persistence in getting a club up and
running.. I know that can't be easy, so well done.

As for the BBQ idea for the Skelligs Star Party
I think it's a great idea and I would be happy
to do anything for Barnardos(And I love a tasty bbq sausage).

So if it's Okay with Frida, then it's extra fine by me
if you guys attend with your BBQ.. I might bring a few steaks
and burgers and use your fire.

Cheers Roy

#ClearSkies #LunarNut

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Roy Stewart.

• Roy Stewart
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #101392 by Roy Stewart
Hi Guys..

Just got off the phone with Frida
and she let me know that she has put
up a few fliers in the local area
I.E post office and other local stores
so a big thank you to her for that.

She also said that 22 people have booked
rooms and she only has 1-twin room,1 double room
and 3 beds in a dorm left.

Looking forward to seeing you all
in a couple of week.

@ Seanie Morris
A reminder of the projector and screen, also what ever
cables and bits we need to hook up our laptops. Thank you

Cheers Roy

#ClearSkies #LunarNut

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Roy Stewart.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds