K-Tec

Skelligs Star Party 2015, August 14th to 16th Ballinskelligs

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #104478 by stevie
As well as making a list of equipment to bring, almost make a list of objects you want to observe. I had two lists last years, Messier objects plus a few NGC's for the Friday night, and mainly NGC's for the Saturday. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to work through the second list because of the weather, but I'm bringing it with me this year.

Also ,if you are that way inclined, bring a bottle of your favourite tipple. John's bottle of Captain Morgan rum certainly livened things up last year, and I've got a bottle of Southern Comfort already packed.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by stevie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Stewart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #104479 by RandomPillars
Thanks Stevie, yes, tipple and list are added to checklist. I would love to go through a lot of messiers.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #104481 by Neill
Solar system details for next weekend. Sunset is around 9pm. Astro twilight ends at around 11:30pm and starts again at around 3:45 am, so over 4 hours of proper dark skies. Venus, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter aren't visible.

Planet Saturn Uranus Neptune Pluto
Mag 1.1 5.8 7.8 14.1
Con Libra Pisces Aquarius Sagittarius
Rises 15:40 22:55 21:47 19:10
Sets 00:29 12:12 08:15 03:21
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Neill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old, Roy Stewart, KevinSmith

More
8 years 9 months ago #104482 by KevinSmith
Hi All

After last year a few of us said it would be good to have something to mark out the scope locations in the dark. I have managed to get a few packs of these tiny glo sticks that I am going to put in some prestick on my tripod legs. I will have a few spare if anyone wants one. If I can find more I'll grab a few more packs.
Attachments:

More
8 years 9 months ago #104483 by RandomPillars
Hi Kevin, i remember reading about them on the forum a while back. Where did you get them? Lidl or aldi?

Sean

More
8 years 9 months ago #104484 by KevinSmith
Hi Sean, i bought them ages ago for fishing but think it was Lidl. I'll have look in a few fishing shops this weekend and see if they have more.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds