• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
19 years 1 month ago #10130 by spculleton
IFAS Affiliation Query was created by spculleton
Howyis,

I was at the meeting that established Kildare Astronomy Society last Friday and one of the issues raised was IFAS affiliation. Everyone present was enthusiastic about joining IFAS and we decided to pursue the issue formally. I've been unable to reach officials from IFAS but I was wondering if anyone here could tell me what the process involved is. We want to affiliate fairly quickly, basically so we can attend the IFAS meeting at COSMOS.

Thanks for your help.

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #10132 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: IFAS Affiliation Query

Howyis,

I was at the meeting that established Kildare Astronomy Society last Friday and one of the issues raised was IFAS affiliation. Everyone present was enthusiastic about joining IFAS and we decided to pursue the issue formally. I've been unable to reach officials from IFAS but I was wondering if anyone here could tell me what the process involved is. We want to affiliate fairly quickly, basically so we can attend the IFAS meeting at COSMOS.

Thanks for your help.

shane,
as per the constitution:-
* Membership shall be open to amateur astronomical societies in the island of Ireland which are governed by a democratically elected council or committee, subject to the approval of the Council. For the purposes of the Federation, Societies includes Clubs and Associations.
* Applications for membership shall be submitted in writing, giving the details which may be requested, to the Council of the Federation for approval.

i would think that you would have to write to the secretary of IFAS and then it would come up at the next committee meeting, just guessing i suppose some more in the know could answer your question.
stephen.

• Wallymee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 1 month ago #10133 by Wallymee
Replied by Wallymee on topic Re: IFAS Affiliation Query
I think Stephen has it about right. I don't know if it has to be dealt with at the meeting though.

If I remember rightly DCU and Wexford were dealt with by submitting the constitution and then someone from IFAS proposes and second's the application.

I think it's fairly informal from what I remember.

Well done by the way

More
19 years 1 month ago #10136 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: IFAS Affiliation Query
To get the ball rolling you need to email the IFAS president (David Bell).

I will PM you his email address.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds