K-Tec

Observing Sugarloaf Friday October 5

More
5 years 6 months ago #107328 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Observing Sugarloaf Friday October 5
Hi Aubrey,

It's sean. Yep, it's in Sagittarius but I'll be honest with you, it's not too impressive. I do love globs but this one is one of the fainter ones.

Sean
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #107329 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Observing Sugarloaf Friday October 5
Apologies, Sean, for addressing you as Mike.
What's it called? Dyslexia -sort of.
I am also impressed with your Badder Zoom.
Did you see any surface features on Mars?

Thank a bunch, Aubrey.

More
5 years 6 months ago #107330 by mykc
Replied by mykc on topic Observing Sugarloaf Friday October 5
It was a real pleasure to meet Sean and we had a nice relaxed observing session. There were a couple of lads taking astrophotos, so we introduced ourselves and had a nice chat. Hopefully we will see them again. The sky was perfectly clear and there was only a hint of a breeze, but it got very cold.

We started with Mars, but could only see the orange disk with no more than a hint of darker features. I'm still getting used to the new refractor and did a slow tour of some Messiers. M2 & M15 are nice bright globulars, M76, the Little Dumbbell, was very faint in my little scope, and M34, the spiral cluster, was nice. Staying in Perseus, I checked STF331 which is a fine double of bright white stars easily resolved at 57X (5.2, 6.2, 12"). The seeing was not great and I did not look at any other doubles. The double cluster was magnificent as always and the Pleiades, although too big even for my wide field scope, was still very impressive.

A very modest haul, but it was lovely just to be out under that beautiful sky. By 11:15 we were frozen, so we packed up early. I'm looking forward to more sessions under the Autumn and Winter skies.

Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

More
5 years 6 months ago #107331 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Observing Sugarloaf Friday October 5
Not at all Aubrey, no worries. Yep, as Mike said, nothing of note on Mars. Looking forward to the next outing. Gotta start bringing a proper list of targets!!!

Sean

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds