K-Tec

Cosmos 2020 Cancelled

More
4 years 1 month ago #108365 by Paul Evans
Replied by Paul Evans on topic Cosmos 2020 Cancelled
Hi Seanie,

Thank you for that. It's bad news of course - COSMOS is one of the premier events of the Irish Astronomy year and we all look forward to it.

However I'm completely understanding of the situation in which the MIdlands Astronomy Club Committee find themselves and knowing the individuals concerned I'm certain the decision was made with great regret and consideration of all options..

The situation we are in is that we don't know how bad the COVID-19 epidemic may become and what instructions may be forthcoming from the Irish government regarding organised gatherings, or indeed whether or not the venue itself may have cause to formulate its own policy on the matter.

We hope that it's possible for events to continue and that we don't all end up in lockdown, but we simply can't tell at this stage.

Midlands Astronomy Club Committee have my full support in their actions. I hope this will all blow over and COSMOS 2020 can happen at a later date.

A knock on is, as Seanie mentioned, that the AGM of IFAS will need to be re-organised. This is traditionally held within COSMOS as the central location and wide attendance suits most participants but this year we'll need to consider alternatives.

Clear skies all,

Paul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paddy Stack, michael_murphy, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #108366 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Cosmos 2020 Cancelled
A tough call to make Seanie but the right one.  Hopefully we will meet up later on in the year.

Michael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
4 years 1 month ago #108369 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Cosmos 2020 Cancelled
Very many thanks for the updates gentlemen. Taking everything into account, I'm sure it is the right decision.

Clear skies,

Darren. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds