K-Tec

Sugarloaf Friday 18th December

More
3 years 4 months ago #109823 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Sugarloaf Friday 18th December
I will be there about 5.15. Hope im not too late.

Sean
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 4 months ago #109825 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Sugarloaf Friday 18th December
I got a great view from my front garden.  With the 10x50 binoculars they looked wonderful and easily split with the naked eye.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
3 years 4 months ago #109826 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Sugarloaf Friday 18th December
Been and gone. Sorry i didn't get to speak to any of you. Had my two boys there and there was so many people there, i didn't want to be dragging them around to hunt yous down.

Nice view of them from the Sugarloaf. Hope you all got a good look. Hopefully talk to you all soon enough. Have a great, clear Christmas and New Year. 

Sean
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 4 months ago #109827 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Sugarloaf Friday 18th December
Delighted to hear that Paul. It seemed like the conditions were better tonight. The view from the Sugar Loaf was great. It is a surreal feeling seeing Jupiter and Saturn in the same FOV. I wonder if the weather will play ball for us tomorrow. 

Clear skies, 

Darren. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 4 months ago #109828 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Sugarloaf Friday 18th December
This is Ireland, Darren, what do you think?

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
3 years 4 months ago #109829 by mykc
Replied by mykc on topic Sugarloaf Friday 18th December
Thanks for all the reports, sorry that I can't join in the sessions - just oo busy at the moment.

Lucky with the weather in Dublin this evening.  The conjunction was great, even from my home in the southern suburbs. I took a few shots with a telephoto lens anf the one below is the best of a bad lot.  It shows Callisto, Ganymede and Europa very faintly, with the two planets overexposed, though the elliptical shape of Saturn is clear.  It's striking that Staurn is not much futher from Jupiter than is Callisto.  The forecast for tomorrow is not so promising so it's unlikely that I'll get another shot tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds