K-Tec

KAS Mission Statement

More
19 years 1 month ago #10360 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: KAS Mission Statement
The simpler the better in my opinion. For example. TAS's statement is simply "To promote interest in Astronomy and allied subjects". Everyone knows you're going to get out observing as much as possible after that!

All in all, well done to KAS!!!

:)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• finnjim2001
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 1 month ago #10367 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: KAS Mission Statement
I agree with you that simpler is better seanie but at our first meeting everybody felt strongly about these items that in many cases are above and beyond what people think of an astronomy club that they had to be written down. Pinning our colours to the mast so to speak.

this way now people can pull us up on not fulfilling the original plan behind and reason for all of us getting together in the first place.

Also outside of members of astronomy clubs and societies and interested parties who know's what happens with an astronomy club. did you have any idea what tas was about before you joined? and it's easier to approach local groups and schools who want to know what we're about with a mission statement like that. All of this is in my humble opinion of course.

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

More
19 years 1 month ago #10368 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: KAS Mission Statement

did you have any idea what tas was about before you joined?

I kinda did, though not fully. That didn't happen until the first meeting I went to. Today, poeple will be able to get an idea, and be more thoroughly informed about your activities, thanks to the web!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 1 month ago #10394 by dpower
Replied by dpower on topic Re: KAS Mission Statement
Good work there Jim,

Personally I'm very happy with the long version for now. Think it hits the nail right on the head. More a mission statement than a tag line!

IFAS web team

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds