• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #17836 by ftodonoghue
Clup presentations was created by ftodonoghue
Hi guys

We were talking a little while ago about sharing presentations etc to reduce some workload. However a presentation file can be large (too large to store on irishastronomy.org) so maybe we can have a central list of presentations with a contact name for each.

I will co-ordinate this, if anybody who has presentations they would like to share, please pm/email me with a list of presentations, their formats, how many slides, and who can supply the presentation.

I will put a list together and hopefully post it up somewhere on this site. With this in mind I have just completed a simple presentation on buying your first telescope. This is aimed at beginners and may be relevant at this time of year, with Xmas in 1.5 months.I it is about 17 or so slides long.

If anybody wants it just ask, and I can email it. It is 765K and a .ppt (the presentation can be opened and changed using Open office software for those with out powerpoint)

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #17837 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Clup presentations
To save on hosting full presentations here while still giving people an idea what it's all about we could add the slides to the site 6 slides to a page in PDF format.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 5 months ago #17838 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Clup presentations
Trevor,
would this be akin to the list of speakers and their topics? Or just have a hosted folder somewhere with everyones 'powerpoints' uploaded that they don't mind people using?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 5 months ago #17839 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Clup presentations

Trevor,
would this be akin to the list of speakers and their topics? Or just have a hosted folder somewhere with everyones 'powerpoints' uploaded that they don't mind people using?

Sounds similar enough, I can add links from the speaker list for the locations of the presentations/pdf's that Trevor has collected.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds