K-Tec

Club Insurance Query...

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 years 2 months ago #2032 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Club Insurance Query...

there is strength in numbers so perhaps if all the IFAS clubs got together we could get a good quote!

Bart B.

Is this something the IFAS committee could look into? Even to have an idea for the AGM at COSMOS? It can be found out from the FAS committee how to go about it. I mean, I don't think that JUST BECAUSE its an organisation (i.e FAS) that it can have a group membership premium. Maybe they have accounts, income/expenditure/VAT etc etc. Maybe then, I could be wrong (it has happened!!! :P ). See what it takes for IFAS to be recognised (is that the right word?) as a customer for an insurance premium...

Can this be looked into in the near future? And its not just for TAS's benefit... every member club, whether presently insured or not, can stand to benefit from such a scheme... if it is a viable option.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #2036 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: Club Insurance Query...
What does public liability insurance cover exactly?

If you have a club and arrange a viewing night to which you invite members of the public. Now, if someone there has an accident (say a car runs them over or a telescope falls on top of them :lol: ) are you held liable for any accident claims?

P.S. The guys over at www.askaboutmoney.com might know something about this.

John.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 years 2 months ago #2037 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Club Insurance Query...

What does public liability insurance cover exactly?

If you have a club and arrange a viewing night to which you invite members of the public. Now, if someone there has an accident (say a car runs them over or a telescope falls on top of them :lol: ) are you held liable for any accident claims?

John.

Thats pretty much it John. Although, the other way to go about your example is that if you were set-up on the side walk or in a car park, and the party in question ASKS to look/take part, then you're pretty much in the clear because you were not 'advertising' it as such.

Anyway, it is advisable that all clubs that host any kindof public service/event have public liability insurance.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds